Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prediction thread

Quote Originally Posted by pbiflyer View Post
    Who is more insufferable? Bleed or anyone else in the rest of the world?

I'm going with the one trick pony on this one.
    Will have to give pbiflyer the win on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by pbiflyer View Post
    Who is more insufferable? Bleed or anyone else in the rest of the world?

I'm going with the one trick pony on this one.
    I like those odds. I guess it would be one thing if I wasn't right the entire year on the points I was banging the drum on. But Saturday and Monday didn't prove any of that
    Last edited by bleedbluegold03; 01-23-2014 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedbluegold03 View Post
    I like those odds. I guess it would be one thing if I wasn't right the entire year on the points I was banging the drum on.

LOL...What points have you actually been proven right on? This should be good...

With Saturday (our worst loss of the season) and Monday (our best victory of the season) Buzz offered his most drastic game plans season-to-date.

Saturday: Buzz shrunk the rotation, leaned on the JT/DW backcourt for 79 minutes, bench plays 42 minutes, underclassmen at 9 minutes played.

Monday: Buzz experimented with the line up, plays DW for 12 minutes, bench plays 78 minutes, underclassmen at 60 minutes played.

The main thread of my points this season is Buzz needs to stop going with the consistency (JT/DW backcourt) and experiment with the volatility of underclassmen (who are superior from a talent perspective). This point has always been met with the fact that the underclassmen haven't played either because they were hurt, not consistent enough in practice, or hadn't earn their stripes. From Saturday to Monday, there was no massive swing in practice that proved Dawson would be consistent. There was no difference in health issue with STJ. Buzz simply changed his strategy. It worked.

What he's done to this point in his tenure has obviously given fantastic results for the program (we have the best record over the last five years in conference, standing as testament to that point). This season represents him going too far to the point that effort and consistency will concure all. He needs to be able to alter his formula sometimes to consider the ingredients of the team.

After seeing the strongest embrace (season-to-date) of his consistency/trust model on Saturday equal the worst loss of the season, he drastically changed his rotation formula. He tinkered with the line up, underclassmen sparked the squad, and propelled us to victory.
    Last edited by bleedbluegold03; 01-23-2014 at 06:50 PM. Reason: worst loss of "season"

If you think losing at Butler was the worst loss of his tenure you have a very short memory......

I meant season, don't want one word to get in the way of someone having to actually debate my point.

You ever stop to think that maybe none of that would've happened if Buzz hadn't been so demanding of certain players at the beginning of the year?

I sincerely don't know what you're talking about. Care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by bleedbluegold03 View Post
    I sincerely don't know what you're talking about. Care to elaborate?
    Would Dawson have been in a position to impact that game on Monday if Buzz had just handed him playing time earlier in the year when he didn't deserve it?

Not to mention that I am not sure that Buzz "tinkered with the rotation." Dawson got his chance at an extended run because of Derrick's foul trouble. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a 25/15, or even 30/10 split for the Nova game.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast