Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Great show

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    I was actually going to use Wrigley as an analogy. Hard to beat a nice summer day or evening at Wrigley and it too has the good bone structure, but needs a major face lift as well - the concourses smell. Local politics, surprise, are slowing down the planned renovation.

Yeah I kind of wonder when all is said and done, if the Ricketts are going to wish they would have just packed up and moved to the suburbs. There was no shortage of suitors, and I think at the end of the day would have been more lucrative.

Wrigley is a dump. The first few times I was there, it was cool. The more I went, the less I liked it. I think the best way to look at it is it is a great, one-time historical venue. If you are a season ticket holder, I think it would be a pain. My in-law Cubs fans actually prefer Miller Park--though they get into that nostalgic Wrigley crap to justify its current state.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Yeah I kind of wonder when all is said and done, if the Ricketts are going to wish they would have just packed up and moved to the suburbs. There was no shortage of suitors, and I think at the end of the day would have been more lucrative.
    The afternoon guys on The Score 670 in Chicago had a discussion on that very subject yesterday. They were on the side of the Ricketts' telling the city to f_ _ _ off and go to the burbs. They made some very good points including restricted night games, but other than the Braves new move, going to the burbs is going against grain. I for one wouldn't want them to move - like being able to hop on the Blue Line, switching to the Red and not having to drive after having more than a few before, during and after the games - same with Sox, Bulls and Hawks games.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    We were on the opposite side of the bar from the entrance both before and after the game - about 15 of us from the class of '80. $4 pitchers were tough to beat. Took us 5 1/2 hours to get back to Chicago with 65 closed on top of the snow - brutal.
    Yeah, I think I saw you guys. We were sitting up on the platform/raised area away from the entrance (bunch of 35-38 year olds). My wife and I had MU gear on, but most of the rest were butler fans (family who live a few blocks from butler). I saw the pictures of 65. That looked awful and I was glad to have a warm place to stay in indy to avoid that mess Glad you made it back safely.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123