Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: G-Town Tonight

Anyone see Gtown's next few games? Ouch. @ Creigh, vs Nova, vs MSU

I was at the game last night and I was really disappointed in Georgetown's crowd. They had maybe 8,000 in actual Attendence. With the size of the school, the historical success of the program, their large and local alumni base (including grad and law schools), and the affluence of those alumnus, it's really sad they don't support the team more. Until the last few minutes of the game, the crowd was so quiet it seemed like a neutral site game.

By the way, I was really impressed with Dawson and Taylor as everyone else was and I really like the lineup with those two plus Jake, Jamil and Davonte.

Is Johnson still hurt? From the dunks he was throwing down in warmups, he didn't seem to be hobbling.

Quote Originally Posted by DCwarrior View Post
    I was at the game last night and I was really disappointed in Georgetown's crowd. They had maybe 8,000 in actual Attendence. With the size of the school, the historical success of the program, their large and local alumni base (including grad and law schools), and the affluence of those alumnus, it's really sad they don't support the team more. Until the last few minutes of the game, the crowd was so quiet it seemed like a neutral site game.
    In my house we were commenting on the number of good open seats, and I was really surprised.
    I thought it might be the late east coast start, but even with a late start you'd think a MU v. Georgetown games is one you wouldn't be a no show for in this conference.

Is that how many weekday games are in DC?

Quote Originally Posted by Mucrisco View Post
    Actually, I did address it. If you can't see that Dawson was outplaying Wilson during regulation, then I can't really help you. The offense was better. There was better ball movement. Guys were getting better shots because he was delivering the ball earlier and in the right spots. His presence opened up space since the defense couldn't sag more on him.

He wasn't being kept out of the lineup because he wasn't ready. If that was the case, then how do you go from playing only 5 minutes to the kind of minutes he had after one day of practice?
    No, you didn't. Not at all. Let's go in the way-back machine.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    That doesn't mean anyone didn't want Dawson, just that it seemed he wasn't ready. And he didn't look it. Wasn't playing the point when he was in, didn't get the defense, he wasn't ready. He's been better tonight, much better in overtime, but that doesn't mean he was ready a month ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mucrisco View Post
    Disagree. He finally got his opportunity tonight. He plays 5 minutes against Butler, then gets the majority tonight. Are you telling me that he had an amazing turnaround in one practice?
    I said that people still wanted Dawson, simply that he wasn't ready. Then later I specifically said "that doesn't mean he was ready a month ago." Then you try to get all uppity with this one practice BS that doesn't come remotely close to anything I said. Tell me, what that I wrote wasn't factual?

• That doesn't mean anyone didn't want Dawson, -- Again, who was calling for Dawson to transfer out? Other than Nevada on Scoop, who has a mancrush on Dawson and feels he should be starting whether he was playing for Marquette, Kentucky, or the Los Angeles Clippers. I have said repeatedly that I thought Dawson had upside and looked forward to his development as a player.
    • Wasn't playing the point when he was in -- That's true, most of the time in previous outings, especially a month ago like I SPECIFICALLY SAID Dawson would come in and Jamil was running the point with Dawson at the off guard.
    • didn't get the defense -- Dawson's defense was better last night than at any point of the season previously. None of the freshman seem to fully have the defense yet, and most of them couldn't get on the court because of it a month ago. You disagree with this?
    • he wasn't ready. -- When he came in, it wasn't at the position everyone wanted him to play and he wasn't adequately playing defense. Again, where's the argument here?

At no point did I make any statements about some amazing turnaround in one practice. At no point did I say anything regarding the difference in minutes between Butler and Georgetown. You are trying to put words in my mouth and not addressing my point even remotely. If you can't read my post without misinterpreting it, I can't help you.

Just noticed on the replay of the game that FS1 gave the player of the game to Smith-Rivera when they were up by 4 with the ball and 27 seconds to go. Oops!
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

Davante's mom cracked me up......lol

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    In my house we were commenting on the number of good open seats, and I was really surprised.
    I thought it might be the late east coast start, but even with a late start you'd think a MU v. Georgetown games is one you wouldn't be a no show for in this conference.

Is that how many weekday games are in DC?
    The weather forecast already was predicting snow. Everyone in DC was either shopping or watching for the first flake.

VS

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718