Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big East Expansion Question....

Big East Expansion Question....

Looking around the nation at potential Big East expansion and see that both St. Louis and UMass are ranked. St. Louis continue to prove they have what it takes.

I bring up UMass because, well, we have waaaayyyy too many teams with blue & white as their colors.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

umass has football right?

I like the ten teams and dont think you make the move until you have to (Fox forces the leagues hand or Stl creates a sustainable program and you just cant afford to keep them out). They arent going anywhere right?

St. Louis would be a good pick, in a large metro area. UMass might be a travel pain because of the airport issue.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGoldenEagle View Post
    umass has football right?
    Indeed they do, and they are terrrrrrrrible at it.

Exactly what Windy said. I love that Nova will get a chance for revenge in Omaha after Creighton's mass destruction of them, and hell I want to do some dirty things to Butler in the BC. Keep the round-robin format going and crown a true champion.

Quote Originally Posted by MUBasketball View Post
    Indeed they do, and they are terrrrrrrrible at it.
    I was about to comment that they may just be looking for a reason to kill it off and a BR invite may give them that reason. If they don't want to drop FB they should seriously consider it...

I like UMass. Good bball history & within original Big East / east coast footprint.

Pretty sure UMass just put the big bucks in to go D1 in football. I don't think they're looking for a reason to drop it.

Wait till Rick's kids depart. SLU roster's talent level drops significantly in the next year. Crews is not a good recruiter. Tough years ahead.

UMass has football, so no, they are not an option.

Wichita State is a traditionally strong program. Good fan support. But, the location stinks. Poor market in the middle of nowhere. 3rd option in a small state.

Stay at 10. No must have candidates at this point in time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast