Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    The guards are doing what they are supposed to be doing?

Jake Thomas went 1-8, all from 3, and Todd went 2-9 (0-6 from 3). At best our guards are inconsistent. At worst, like our two-guards were today, they are a dumpster fire.
    I'm not talking about today, I'm talking about in general, and more Jake and Derrick (the starters) than all the guards. Derrick is mostly protecting the ball and not giving the game away. Jake is generally hitting threes and playing good defense. Todd...well, he's a coin flip. Heads he's great, tails he sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Jake needs to come off of screens - didn't happen today

They were jumping every screen. In the early second half, the screen started to roll, and we got some easy baskets. But Butler started to overplay the roll, and we couldn't rotate the ball fast enough.

At halftime, Marquette was 4-10 from 3.

They ended up 4-24. Don't know what's worse...zero makes or 14 attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    This has to be the most underperforming team I've seen under Buzz. 09-10 was losing games too, but those were close games to top-10 teams. This team just frustrates me. You can see the talent, but they don't have the first clue what to do with it.

It's like the scene in Swingers where Trent and Sue tell Mike that he's a bear and has huge claws and fangs and can't kill the bunny. This team can't kill the bunny.
    This is a definite change in you from about a week or two ago. You're finally seeing what it really is. Thank You for finally coming around.

True...........

I was really bothered to see MU start settling for 3's. When Butler started to make their run, Jamil and Mayo took 3's early in the shot clock and clanked them. There was no offensive flow. A lot of standing around the 3 point line.

In past years DJO, Junior, JB or Vander would beat somebody olff the dribble...get into the lane and make something happen..score or get fouled....pass it to a teammate for an open look.......Jake can't do that...Derrick tries .....Jamil doesn't really do that....Mayo can do it at times but if he forces it tends to get out of control and take a bad shot....

I just don't think we have the horses to do what Buzz likes his teams to do this year......

Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    In past years DJO, Junior, JB or Vander would beat somebody olff the dribble...get into the lane and make something happen..score or get fouled....pass it to a teammate for an open look.......Jake can't do that...Derrick tries .....Jamil doesn't really do that....Mayo can do it at times but if he forces it tends to get out of control and take a bad shot....

I just don't think we have the horses to do what Buzz likes his teams to do this year......

Just my opinion
    yep. That is spot on and what I have felt this year. Jake can start with a Junior at PG. Derrick can start with a DJO or Vander at the 2 spot. Unfortunately, Jake and Derrick together are not a good combination. Buzz mentioned it before the season started that the guard play will be different this year. This is what he was referring to, I believe.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789