Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Indiana storms the court

Indiana storms the court

after beating the Badgers. Didn't they just win the Big 10 and hang a banner from last season? Isn't this the tradition rich II II? And they storm the court after beating Wisconsin? Really?

This Badger team is really a tough team and fun to watch. Far different than other UW teams. I know that is blasphemy to ice, but it is the truth. And watching the game, I much prefer Buzz to crean. Much prefer!

Wisconsin is as good on offense as I have seen them under Bo......defensively they still have big problems guarding the dribble...IU was beating them off the dribble time after time and it wasn't just Yogi(although he is a really tough matchup).

Improvement of Kaminsky and Jackson has really changed their team......

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    after beating the Badgers. Didn't they just win the Big 10 and hang a banner from last season? Isn't this the tradition rich II II? And they storm the court after beating Wisconsin? Really?

This Badger team is really a tough team and fun to watch. Far different than other UW teams. I know that is blasphemy to ice, but it is the truth. And watching the game, I much prefer Buzz to crean. Much prefer!
    Don't see any issue with it. Don't see what "tradition rich" has to do with being excited about beating a REALLY good team for the first time in 13 games. IU needed this win badly as they were pretty much in the same boat as MU before the game--haven't really beaten anybody of consequence so far this year.

Come on, they were ranked number 1 last year for a time. Were a top seed in the tourney. Won the Big 10. Act like you've been there before - and they have. Add to that, tradition does matter.

Seth Greenberg commented on it as well. I think it is odd that IU fans stormed the court against UW.

I don't get it either. Seems like Crean loves lowering expectations for a program that should have high expectations. When was the last time Duke/Carolina/Kentucky/Michigan St stormed the court?

Or Marquette for that matter? Oh yeah, when Crean was here.

At first I thought it was odd, but then I remember back to storming the court a few times during my days at MU and thought, what the hell. It is a ton of fun, especially for any freshman who has not had the chance. Regardless of the teams involved, beating the number three team in the nation is a big deal.

I agree storming the court was too much.....yet I also understand it. It is always about the present moment. Wisconsin was one of four undefeated teams in the country and #3 overall in the country.

As Mike Tirico pointed out, Indiana has zero quality nonconference wins. I think it was more about Indiana feeling good about themself than it was thinking Wisconsin is high and mighty.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    Come on, they were ranked number 1 last year for a time. Were a top seed in the tourney. Won the Big 10. Act like you've been there before - and they have. Add to that, tradition does matter.

Seth Greenberg commented on it as well. I think it is odd that IU fans stormed the court against UW.
    Feel pretty solid about my position if it is opposite of Seth Greenberg! IU is a completely different team having lost 4 starters. They are nowhere near the level they were last year, and again, had lost 12 straight games to the Badgers. I'd hate to be a fan of a team where it is not allowed to celebrate after a big win.

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    Feel pretty solid about my position if it is opposite of Seth Greenberg! IU is a completely different team having lost 4 starters. They are nowhere near the level they were last year, and again, had lost 12 straight games to the Badgers. I'd hate to be a fan of a team where it is not allowed to celebrate after a big win.
    Nice straw man. Where did I say you cannot celebrate after a big win? Whatever ...

I love the floor rush. Who cares? Let the students have as much fun as possible. It is great for the excitement that is college basketball. I want to be the old guy in the middle of it next time it happens at the BC. Seriously, I am going over the bench and I don't give a **** what anyone thinks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast