Thread: Tuesday Night in the BE

Tuesday Night in the BE

St. John's @ DePaul, 6:00
    Fox Sports 1: Eric Collins, Greg Kelser

Butler @ 20 Creighton, 8:00
    Fox Sports 1: Gus Johnson, Bill Raftery

Depaul wins 2 in a row......

GW about to finish off VCU....they are having a really nice season.....

Maybe I'm nuts but DePaul doesn't seem so terrible this year

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    Maybe I'm nuts but DePaul doesn't seem so terrible this year
    I actually thought the same thing when they played us, but maybe deep inside didnt want to admit it. I think they probably struggle to make .500 for the duration of the conference season but it certainly seems like they are significantly improved----which they should be given Young and Melvin have been there for what seems like 12 years.

This might be the year they could make the NIT or the CBI......

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGoldenEagle View Post
    I actually thought the same thing when they played us, but maybe deep inside didnt want to admit it. I think they probably struggle to make .500 for the duration of the conference season but it certainly seems like they are significantly improved----which they should be given Young and Melvin have been there for what seems like 12 years.
    And we might be saying the same thing about Garrett Jr, and Hamilton IV a few years down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    And we might be saying the same thing about Garrett Jr, and Hamilton IV a few years down the line.
    If you had any idea how much I loved TH IV when he was a freshman it would probably scare you---I thought the kid was the next big thing.
    Unfortunately, it turns out the hard work/effort gene came from his dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    Depaul wins 2 in a row......
    Is it DePaul, or is St. John's really bad? SJ is 0-4, but had a very tough schedule the first three games.

Depaul Looked Good to Me

I saw Depaul play UWM at the Cell. I was impressed with UWM that night as I did not expect much. Depaul beat them by constantly elevating and making tough shots late in the shot clock. Jamee Crockett, a guy who did not play against us, was real tough at times that game. I think he is dealing with a lingering knee injury. He would have helped them pretty much against us. I don't even see him on the roster any more. Maybe he redshirted. He is a sophomore. Billy Garrett, Jr. also looked real good in that game. Less so against us. I don't know who else they have coming, but those are two good young players.

B

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Is it DePaul, or is St. John's really bad? SJ is 0-4, but had a very tough schedule the first three games.
    The Steve Lavin effect. The team has absolutely no discipline.