Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Derrick, Part 3,000

Quote Originally Posted by bleedbluegold03 View Post
    Sultan refuses to acknowledge negative aspects of Marquette players' game. As someone who's attempt rationalizing with him, it's a waste of time
    I thought Derrick had a good game, for him! Which unfortunately, is not good enough! No fault to him. The fault is on Buzz! KO said it best, we couldn't get the ball to Davante at the end of the game because no one guarded Dwill.

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    I thought Derrick had a good game, for him! Which unfortunately, is not good enough! No fault to him. The fault is on Buzz! KO said it best, we couldn't get the ball to Davante at the end of the game because no one guarded Dwill.

That's not what KO said. What KO said was that they were doubling Davante everytime he touched the ball. That double team wasn't always off Derrick.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedbluegold03 View Post
    Sultan refuses to acknowledge negative aspects of Marquette players' game. As someone who's attempt rationalizing with him, it's a waste of time

Perhaps you should learn to read. It would be helpful.

Buzz is obviously changing his use of Derrick to fit the situation offense vs. defense. Also, pulled him at the 23 second mark re inbounds against the press. Obviously DWs free throw shooting is apparent to Buzz. No knock on Derrick as Buzz needs to maximize DWs strengths vs. weaknesses. Same is true of Jake as Buzz substituted Juan for Jake on defense several times as he noted in post game comments.

Quote Originally Posted by AbovetheRim View Post
    Perhaps in the spirit of a good message board, instead of being an arrogant J/A, you could simply respond to the the points that were made. I realize that expectation may be a bit lofty for you, though.
    Speaking of J/A's, your initial post falls right in line with that. I just called it as I saw it. If you are offended that I thought you were a J/A, well, so be it, you were and are.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    That's not what KO said. What KO said was that they were doubling Davante everytime he touched the ball. That double team wasn't always off Derrick.
    He may not have said what '72 said at the end of the game, but he did say it directly attributed to DWill several times during the game. Starting in the first half.

EDIT: It should be mentioned that they played off Dawson the same way.
    Last edited by MUMac; 01-11-2014 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    He not only said it once, but he said it at least two other times in the game. It was obvious towards the end.

I personally was super pissed at Derrick when during our first possession, his guy sagged down so low that Chris was not able to find his way out of the lane in a timely fashion. Come on Derrick!!! Damn indirect turnovers! I wonder who Buzz has charting the indirect turnover stat on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    Speaking of J/A's, your initial post falls right in line with that. I just called it as I saw it. If you are offended that I thought you were a J/A, well, so be it, you were and are.
    You still haven't responded to the initial post in a meaninful manner and have attempted to hijack the thread as well. That seems to be a strength of yours. By my count, that makes 1 strength.

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    He not only said it once, but he said it at least two other times in the game. It was obvious towards the end.
    as it is to any one who watches this team for 5 minutes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast