Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hoyas lose another starter

Hoyas lose another starter

Josh Smith has been out for 2 games with "academic issues" and now this.....http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...-a-broken-jaw/

Trawick gets hurt "checking" someone coming down the lane. I usually don't come down hard on individual college players, but in using a hockey term, Trawick is a goon. He's always cheapshotting someone and this time it came back to haunt him.

Yeah, I agree. Probably the biggest hack in college bball. At least he won't be able to break one of our guys jaws.

And half their remaining team has fouled out in the Butler game! Amazed they are leading in OT.
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

Butler is now 0-4 in BE.....they will be fighting for their lives on saturday after losing back to back home games in OT......

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    Butler is now 0-4 in BE.....they will be fighting for their lives on saturday after losing back to back home games in OT......
    They also play @ Creighton on Tuesday.

We should be fighting for our lives too... If this team doesn't gain a sense of urgency that would be pretty disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    I said before they were added to the Big East that they could not have hit their 2 year streak at a better time. They had two players that were under/un-recruited that basically fell into their lap and it all came together at a perfect time. After that 2nd Final Four I said without Matt Howard and Shelvin Mack, they will fall back into obscurity. Well, based off of the two year stint they landed transfer Rotnei Clark which helped them for a year, but now they are right where I, and many others, felt they would be.

Sure, they lost Brad Stevens who is a great coach, but even if he stayed the decline was inevitable. Hopefully the Big East name can/will help them recruit, but it won't be easy as they are still playing 4th fiddle in their home state.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    I said before they were added to the Big East that they could not have hit their 2 year streak at a better time. They had two players that were under/un-recruited that basically fell into their lap and it all came together at a perfect time. After that 2nd Final Four I said without Matt Howard and Shelvin Mack, they will fall back into obscurity. Well, based off of the two year stint they landed transfer Rotnei Clark which helped them for a year, but now they are right where I, and many others, felt they would be.

Sure, they lost Brad Stevens who is a great coach, but even if he stayed the decline was inevitable. Hopefully the Big East name can/will help them recruit, but it won't be easy as they are still playing 4th fiddle in their home state.
    At lest BU keeps folks from calling the BE the Catholic Conference..... But, seriously, this Butler team is not bad, just really missing Roosevelt Jones. Seen them play a couple times. Saturday's game will not be easy. Either Butler will be coming in 0-5 chomping at the bit or riding high after an upset win at Creighton.
    Last edited by Nukem2; 01-13-2014 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post

Sure, they are 0-4, but they have lost three games in OT, one in Double OT, and lost a non-conference game to a ranked opponent in OT. They could very easily be 4-0 and nationally ranked. They are having a tough time of it, but they are a much better team than their record indicates They are going to be tough both home and away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast