Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Busting One Myth...

If we say they are bad will you shut up?

I mean you are acting like a 2 year old.......you have made your point...you think they stink.....fine....they are going to play......are you going to whine about it all year to a bunch of people that can't do anything about it?

Derrick did an awesome job today guarding Sterling Gibbs.

Not so much so down the stretch.....

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    If we say they are bad will you shut up?

I mean you are acting like a 2 year old.......you have made your point...you think they stink.....fine....they are going to play......are you going to whine about it all year to a bunch of people that can't do anything about it?
    Amen to that!!!

I thought KO said it best today when he said MU can't get the ball to Davante because they are not guarding Dwill!

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    I thought KO said it best today when he said MU can't get the ball to Davante because they are not guarding Dwill!

They were doubling off of every perimeter player to double down low. Not just Derrick.

Derrick played well today.

A wins a win.

(Again) I am belaboring the point because Sultan refuses to give any critique of Derricks game. I have stated ad nauseam I think they are the worst offensive group by far. defensively they are much better. this means I would take any other backcourt in the league and we'd probably have a couple more wins for it.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedbluegold03 View Post
    (Again) I am belaboring the point because Sultan refuses to give any critique of Derricks game. I have stated ad nauseam I think they are the worst offensive group by far. defensively they are much better. this means I would take any other backcourt in the league and we'd probably have a couple more wins for it.

Excuse me? I refuse to give any critique of Derrick's game? I most certainly have. I think he is a fair point guard who is above average defensively. Can he be the point guard on a national championship team? I don't think so. Can he be the PG on a S16 caliber team? Sure...with the right pieces around him.

But I also think he is getting an inordinate share of the blame for Marquette's troubles this year. Every season seems to have a whipping boy, and this year's is Derrick. This team has a lot of problems....lack of a slasher who can get the ball into the lane...inconsistent outside shooting...giving up too many offensive rebounds...

But furthermore bitching about something over and over and over doesn't really mean anything unless you have some sort of solution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Excuse me? I refuse to give any critique of Derrick's game? I most certainly have. I think he is a fair point guard who is above average defensively. Can he be the point guard on a national championship team? I don't think so. Can he be the PG on a S16 caliber team? Sure...with the right pieces around him.

But I also think he is getting an inordinate share of the blame for Marquette's troubles this year. Every season seems to have a whipping boy, and this year's is Derrick. This team has a lot of problems....lack of a slasher who can get the ball into the lane...inconsistent outside shooting...giving up too many offensive rebounds...

But furthermore bitching about something over and over and over doesn't really mean anything unless you have some sort of solution.
    Where does our starting backcourt rank in the BEast?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast