Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Busting One Myth...

You do realize that these guys aren't isoed all game, right? Juan spent a lot of time on Carson. Thames too. Neal seemed to be a problem of the staff not adjusting to his shooting quick enough. Markedman covered this well in his post. You are not making a point, you are trying to make a point and failing. Your post is simply inaccurate, but for you to acknowledge that would go against the anti-Derrick agenda.

There are definitely way too many variables in a bball game to simply say bc the pg/2g on the opposing team has averaged a significantly higher amount of points than his average while playing, that our pg/2g is a bad defender. However, the numbers can't be completely ignored---i think it's a knock on us defensively not being able to minimize the impact of the other team's best player via better team defense while also highlighting that we may not have that great of a defensive back court.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    So what you are telling me is that they have played worse against better teams?
    I must admit that your debating tactic is entirely new to me. One states an opinion, you give your own, when proven wrong by facts, you simply state "ok, you're right. what's the point." The point is any. way. you. slice. it. we have the worst backcourt in our conference, by a WIDE margin.

Reap what you've sewn Brent.

The point trying to be won with the start of the thread was to prove that they were not as good as advertised defensively.

With him conceding the point, i next moved to say with them not having offensive (previously conceded) OR defensive talent, they are just bad.

Transitive property bro

Quote Originally Posted by bleedbluegold03 View Post
    I must admit that your debating tactic is entirely new to me. One states an opinion, you give your own, when proven wrong by facts, you simply state "ok, you're right. what's the point." The point is any. way. you. slice. it. we have the worst backcourt in our conference, by a WIDE margin.

Reap what you've sewn Brent.

It is highly questionable whether or not the facts that you state are relevant. (Which has been addressed by others above.)

Furthermore, even if they are relevant, they don't do anything to prove your point that "we have the worst backcourt in our conference by a WIDE margin," because you have really no idea how all other BE backcourts would fare versus the same opponents MU has faced.

So please don't mention my debating tactics when the very data and assumptions you use are completely illogical...and I'm being generous using that term.

To not acknowledge Marquette's starting (and highest minutes per game) backcourt as the worst offensive backcourt in the BEast is imbecilic. Throw in the fact that opposing guards go off "against our rotation," and this backcourt is CUSA bad.

I only belabor the point because you and others in your contingency seem somewhat accepting of this form below mediocrity, while I believe that we had passed that point some time ago. But sorry, "every school has off years"...

To not acknowledge Marquette's starting (and highest minutes per game) backcourt as the worst offensive backcourt in the BEast is imbecilic. Throw in the fact that opposing guards go off "against our rotation," and this backcourt is CUSA bad.

I only belabor the point because you and others in your contingency seem somewhat accepting of this form below mediocrity, while I believe that we had passed that point some time ago. But sorry, "every school has off years"...

Do I really have to spell this out for you? Did you not take some sort of logic based course at MU?

Cherry picking a few guards that have gone off against our backcourt doesn't *prove* anything. It certainly doesn't *prove* that MU has the worst backcourt in the BE. To *prove* that you have to...you know...come up with some relevant facts that actually compares our backcourt with the rest in the BE. It really wouldn't be that hard to do.

Now, if you do that, you may actually be right. I don't know.

And furthermore, I don't know what you mean by "accepting of this form below mediocrity." I really have no choice to accept it right? I can't get different players. I can't fire the coach. I'm not going to stop being a fan or loving my alma mater over basketball. So what exactly do you want me to do?

Ranting and raving on a message board doesn't really accomplish anything productive.

We've come to the point where there seem to only be two camps. Those that accept Derrick and look at the positives he brings and those that blame him for all the things that go wrong. Honestly, I don't know why anyone discusses it anymore.

The people that support and accept Derrick think that all the people that do nothing but piss and moan with impotence are idiots. The people that hate Derrick think those that accept him and don't complain about him are idiots. At the end of the day, the more we argue about it the more we think everyone else are idiots. I guess my only question is why we are still arguing it when all it does is sew discord among our fanbase?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    It certainly doesn't *prove* that MU has the worst backcourt in the BE. To *prove* that you have to...you know...come up with some relevant facts that actually compares our backcourt with the rest in the BE.
    Humor me, where does Marquette's backcourt rank offensively, defensively and overall in the BEast? I sincerely think overall they are bottom 3 at best

Humor me, where does Marquette's backcourt rank offensively, defensively and overall in the BEast? I sincerely think overall they are bottom 3 at best

You are the one making the assertion. Your job to prove it "bro."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast