Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Buzz Williams and SMU

Does that mean Buzz said no?

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzWilliams4Pres View Post
    Does that mean Buzz said no?
    Who knows. However, a quick trip to Pony land and it seems that the SMU faithful aren't too cold to the idea of bringing Greenberg in. Does he think that he's plateaued in Blacksburg? Perhaps - it might be easier to recruit to Dallas than to rural VA...let's hope the Greenberg thing catches fire...

Quote Originally Posted by SchoolofZupko View Post
    Who knows. However, a quick trip to Pony land and it seems that the SMU faithful aren't too cold to the idea of bringing Greenberg in. Does he think that he's plateaued in Blacksburg? Perhaps - it might be easier to recruit to Dallas than to rural VA...let's hope the Greenberg thing catches fire...
    Greenberg has my vote!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Miller View Post
    Sounds like Virginia Tech's Seth Greenberg is emerging as a strong candidate at SMU.
    Mark, anything more on this?

Just asking a question for everyone...is Buzz crazy for even thinking about this? Or not shutting these rumors down right away?

Quote Originally Posted by ydouask23 View Post
    Just asking a question for everyone...is Buzz crazy for even thinking about this? Or not shutting these rumors down right away?
    A touch crazy, though it seems like SMU may be playing for real now and a few years ago Baylor was a similar wasteland (and by hook or crook, they have been to Elite 8 two of last 3 years). Definitely not crazy for shutting down the rumors and I think Buzz has let of plenty of info come out for a reason. As emotional of a roller coaster as it may be, I think is just as much of Buzz pulling a power play as it is that he actively wants to take the SMU job. He's probably decided that he will take it if push comes to shove and proper support is not given/changes are not made, but I do not believe that taking the SMU job is his main intention.

keep talking me off the ledge big boy....hopefully this leads to a power play goal!

I'm not a big fan of the "coach pulling a power play" stuff. If Buzz is in fact committed to the university and its mission then handle this stuff without leaking it to the media.

Everyone has had disagreements with their bosses at one time or another. Sit down and work it out. For all we know the stuff that Buzz may be upset about would strike the rest of us as perfectly reasonable under the circumstances.

Bottom line is the
    University is obviously sick of being in the news for these off the court issues. Buzz should feel the same way(and I'm sure he does).

Find a solution....they all get paid alot of money....earn it.

I'm not sure if Mark got the Greenberg stuff off of twitter or if he has other sources on this but here is what I found.

http://www.scacchoops.com/tt_NewsBre...medium=twitter

This is not a power play.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast