Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: X Game

But what about on the defensive end? That is where we need Derrick.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

The quickness advantage for X is startling. Absolutely killing MU in transition..even off of made baskets!

Jamil takes himself out of the game again with fouls. Good to see Dawson and Taylor get some run and make a 3 each.

If MU can't do a better job on the boards and keep them in the half court they have no chance of winning.

Christian is really good.......

Let's stop calling Xavier "x"..........

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    But what about on the defensive end? That is where we need Derrick.
    Is Derrick really that good defensively? Is Dawson really they bad defensively? I'm sure Wilson is better but not by a wide enough margin to significantly outweigh the offensive benefits you gain from Dawson. Therefore IMO there isn't a huge difference between the two and because this team has struggled so much to score, I go with the guy who gives us better offense.

As a side note, The entry pass Dawson made to Gardner (when he missed the bunny) was arguably the best post entry pass I've seen all year (not that that's saying much).

I can't stress enough how much I hate the Gardner/outle combo. Gardner always roams on perimeter and outle posts up---kills me. I just don't get why buzz likes this so much.

Our D is just about as painful to watch as our Offense tonight......Xavier getting whatever they want....guys jumping to defend jump shots and then flying by on the pump fake...

Could somebody let Jamil know the game started at 8?

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGoldenEagle View Post
    I can't stress enough how much I hate the Gardner/outle combo. Gardner always roams on perimeter and outle posts up---kills me. I just don't get why buzz likes this so much.
    Have to agree. It's just a bad setup. Use it as a situational thing, but otherwise...?

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGoldenEagle View Post
    That line-up stinks. Both DG and Otule are paint players, no room for both to operate at the same time.

A lot of you may want to see the Freshman play, but it frustrates me to see them play because they are all "chuckers". Every single one of them. Not only that, but they take a lot of bad shots too and it always seems like its at a time when MU has a bit of an offensive flow going, and one of them gets "curious", which almost always seems to inevitably lead to a run by the other team.

Call on Gardner was horrible, absolute joke.

Gardner & Otule - I was talking to a stat guy in the media room about Gardner, and how he tries to be Jimmy Butler/Jae Crowder, thinks he has an outside/drive to the hoop game. we both agreed, and in comes Davante - first question was about he & Otule playing together.... "I like it because it allows me to play on the wing...." I though JK was going to spit up his water right there.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast