Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: X Game

He had 5 points but your point is well-taken. Talented player but his basketball IQ is low. Also, he rarely has "the Eye of the Tiger".

Anyone recall the 4 on 1 MU had in the second half and Jamil threw the ball outside to Jake for a 3 point shot? You have take THAT 95% opportunity to the hoop in a close game.

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    Hey, I see progress, Kneel hasn't called me a dumbshit yet tonight
    Just mention that Buzz isn't perfect a few times, it'll happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MU_Iceman View Post
    LOLOL The hell you are! Keep telling yourself that you F'n tool. You hang your hat on improvement in a road loss. I don't see improvement if it's not in the "W" column. Different strokes, for different types of fans. If you sleep well at night and you're happy, good for you.
    Seriously, how did you survive 2009-10? I am amazed you didn't hang yourself that year. Improvement in December and January leads to wins in February and success in March. Or just give up on the team and check back in next year, if you can handle another year of 25+ mpg of Derrick Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    Starting guards outscored 41-19. Jake had 17! What value did Dwill bring again?
    5 assists. Zero turnovers. If you haven't figured out Derrick's marching orders yet, honestly, I don't know what to tell you. It's really not hard to figure out what his role is out there.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    5 assists. Zero turnovers. If you haven't figured out Derrick's marching orders yet, honestly, I don't know what to tell you. It's really not hard to figure out what his role is out there.

I would like Dawson to get back up minutes at point. 10-15 minutes. I like what I saw. Get Jamil back to where he belongs.

I'll apologize for the vulgarity, in this and other threads, but I made a relatively minor point about taking a positive out of this game, only to have that viewpoint attacked as not being good enough and settling for moral victories. Some days I'm better at ignoring the stupidity. Yesterday was not one of those days.

In response to the vulgarity, only Johnny Rev or MinnesotaJeb can grant forgiveness there.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    I'll apologize for the vulgarity, in this and other threads, but I made a relatively minor point about taking a positive out of this game, only to have that viewpoint attacked as not being good enough and settling for moral victories. Some days I'm better at ignoring the stupidity. Yesterday was not one of those days.
    I'm with you kneel. Support the guys through the highs and the lows. This year is clearly a low so far, at least compared to all the recent success. We're all frustrated but man, keep it all in perspective people. This team just isn't very good, let's accept it. It happens now and then.

Has anyone noticed that the defending national champions have an NIT resume right now?

I still think this team has got the talent, we just have yet to see them consistently play well. One game they can't shoot, but their defense is great, last night they shot great, but had poor defense. If they could just put it all together. I don't know if it is just me, but in every loss so far, besides maybe Creighton, we have come back to be only be down 1 or 2 or even tied, but we can never get that one basket to put us up. We usually always fall back to being down 4 or 5. It's frustrating because we are right there, but we don't have a player to close it out for us like we have had in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    Seriously, how did you survive 2009-10? I am amazed you didn't hang yourself that year. Improvement in December and January leads to wins in February and success in March. Or just give up on the team and check back in next year, if you can handle another year of 25+ mpg of Derrick Wilson.
    I was actually higher on that team than most going into that year. I absolutely thought they were an NCAA team. There were some bumpy times no doubt, but in the end they ended up exactly where I thought they would be...in the dance. The difference is though...NO ONE( a few) thought that team would make the NCAAs...so by all accounts, they EXCEEDED expectations...this one on the other hand...EVERYONE expected them to be an NCAA tourney team, and most were figuring on a 2-3 seed type year. They might not even make the NIT. if that isn't playing so far below expectations, I don't know what is?? That's the big difference between these two teams.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast