Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stj

Stj

Where is he? I mean you already burned the redshirt

Presumably on the bench. Just because he can play doesn't automatically mean he will. He's been pretty brutal on both ends of the court when he has been in this season.

Up to the kid at the end of the day, but seems like a waste at this point

So, a medical redshirt is still a possibility?

Looking forward to Juan at the 5 next year!

Medical redshirt seems highly unlikely. Pretty sure that brief stint recently put him over the limit, but getting injured, recovering, and coming back to play will usually rule it out.

Just a hunch but I'm guessing Buzz ruled out possibility of redshirt even if he was kept under games limit.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    Just a hunch but I'm guessing Buzz ruled out possibility of redshirt even if he was kept under games limit.
    why? he's clearly not 100% and would be much better used in 2016 than this year

Quote Originally Posted by bleedbluegold03 View Post
    why? he's clearly not 100% and would be much better used in 2016 than this year
    Yeah, I agree. I am guessing that they found out with the scrimmages that he played more than 30% of the games and could not redshirt any longer. Just a hunch. Too bad, as they could use a healthy STJ this year.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    Yeah, I agree. I am guessing that they found out with the scrimmages that he played more than 30% of the games and could not redshirt any longer. Just a hunch. Too bad, as they could use a healthy STJ this year.
    I would really hope it wasn't a case of, "we didn't know that scrimmages counted" and that they eventually found out about this. It's the program's responsibility to make the kid aware of all the NCAA redshirt issues and exact status and educate him to his options. That would have been a crucial mistake if it's the case - but I just can't imagine it is as I would think they knew about this all along.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast