Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT- Congrats MU Volleyball!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    Well, we will definitely have to agree to disagree as my definition of a strong program is even during the "down" years you are finishing above .500 for the season even though you are playing in the best conference in the land.

Good luck to the ladies today as they play a tough Illini squad on their home court. I really think Bond has his team ready to play. #seasonofchampions.
    I guess I do not know the strength of the Savannah State's, Jacksonville's, Georgia Southern's, North Dakota State's ... of the world that they build their "winning" record upon. Up to 2009, they had an impressive non-conference slate.

I know the people in Madison do not share your perspective ...

Have the last word. I am done.

This should help in the capitol one cup standings.
    "My contact didn't cite logic, he/she cited the NCAA rulebook." - IWB, 3/20/18

Waite couldn't keep the program going after the previous regime set the table for success.

MU played BYU as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    They were ranked #24 last week, but it definitely looks like they jumped to #8 after having won both the regular season and tourney BE championships. They have amassed a remarkable record. They were surprised not to host the first rounds of the NCAA tourney.

Although it is also true their RPI ranking last week was around 8th or 10th in the country.

Illini defeat #22 MU Volleyball team 3-1. End of a great season.

Kind of amazing that UW is now in the National Championship game after beating top ranked and defending champion Texas tonight in 4 sets.

Missed the tournament 4 or 5 years in a row and they get rid of the coach...new guy comes in and gets to the finals with other guys players.

Last coach(Waite) recruited the top ranked player in the country....she stuck with her commitment even after the coaching change.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    Kind of amazing that UW is now in the National Championship game after beating top ranked and defending champion Texas tonight in 4 sets.

Missed the tournament 4 or 5 years in a row and they get rid of the coach...new guy comes in and gets to the finals with other guys players.

Last coach(Waite) recruited the top ranked player in the country....she stuck with her commitment even after the coaching change.
    That is what Waite did, but in his 2nd year, not first. That was the last (and only time) the Badgers were in the Final 4 and NCAA Championship Game. They lost in that one to their former coach, who Waite replaced, John Cook.

Carlini is a great setter and she's only a freshman. Runs the show for UW and they played very, very well last night.

This is not a negative, but it is pretty surprising that only 2 members of the UW team are Wisconsin natives and I don't think either played last night. Waite wanted Wisconsin high school kids to walk-on at UW and the new coach may take a different approach.

The daughter of former Minnesota Gopher and Packer running back Darrell(?) Thompson had some big plays for the Badgers last night.

Maybe UW can put MU on their schedule.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast