Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT- Congrats MU Volleyball!!!!

OT- Congrats MU Volleyball!!!!

Swept Louisville in the 1st round of the NCAA Tourney! Always a good day when you kick Louisville's ass, whatever the sport. Play the winner of Illinois vs Morehead St. Tomorrow. Good luck ladies!!

I believe Louisville was their nemesis last year, so that is a huge win!
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    I believe Louisville was their nemesis last year, so that is a huge win!
    Last couple of years actually. The Ville was just slightly better than MU and kept them from getting their 1st BE Championship. Lot of frustration cleansed from their systems tonight. Congrats Bond!

how many teams make the tourney? how highly are the mu ladies ranked? good to hear them represent MU well.

Quote Originally Posted by dubs98 View Post
    how many teams make the tourney? how highly are the mu ladies ranked? good to hear them represent MU well.
    64 teams

http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-brac...yball-women/d1

The NCAA seeds the top 16 but then fills in the rest of the bracket for geographical purposes. (ie, save on travel)

They are currently ranked #8 in the country.
    There are 64 teams in the tourney.
    Next up MU faces the winner of the Illinois vs Morehead State match.
    Here are the brackets: http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-brac...yball-women/d1

I have known one of their All-American hopefuls, Elizabeth "Bisky" Koberstein since she was probably 3 years old. Bisky was named the Big East Player of the Year!!!!

MU is ranked...but they're not seeded in the tournament. Illinois is the #13 overall seed.

Interesting that MU is not seeded but Illinois is, seeing how MU is ranked 8th and Illinois 20th!

Interesting that MU is not seeded but Illinois is, seeing how MU is ranked 8th and Illinois 20th!
    Wisconsin is seeded, as well. That shocked me.

IWB, the #8 ranking is RPI I believe. Think they are rated something like #23 in the national rankings. They played a killer non-conference schedule, including 3 teams in the top 5(Penn St., Florida and USC). That is why their RPI has been so good all season.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast