Brew had an interesting post on Scoop about the American, and the league is fairly even with the Big East on the whole this year. I think the top of each league will be closer then it appears now (expect MU and G-Town to turn it on and spend most of Feb/March in top 25, and think Nova will consistently stay ranked in 10-20 range). I think the bottom part of our conference is significantly better, even with Hall losing to a terrible FDU team). A year from now though that picture changes in a major way. Going forward, The American loses Louisville (though I think it that league is actually a good fit for them), but even more importantly they signed just two top 100 prospects in the fall (and I believe that Daniel Hamilton signed scholly papers, but not an LOI. Still doubt that he ever makes it to Storrs). Meanwhile, the Big East signed 17 top 100 players (and a fair amount of guys in 100-150 range). I think the Big East will comfortably sit in the 3-6 range, and closer to 3 if the recruiting stays close to 2014's pace (already off to a good start with three top 100 verbals in 2015). The American will regress into a similar spot as The Mountain West, popping up in the top 5 discussion every so often but more often sitting in the 7-10 range overall.