Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Calling My Shot

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    In all likelihood, we are looking at a 5-4 team after UW. I think the team will improve as the year goes on, but it will take a lot of work to make the tourney. Might have to win the conference tournament.
    You play football, 72? Might have taken too many shots to the head. You keep repeating yourself.

Unless you think the BE is a one bid league, MU will make it.

You people have lost your minds. Good night.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    You play football, 72? Might have taken too many shots to the head. You keep repeating yourself.

Unless you think the BE is a one bid league, MU will make it.
    I think we are probably a 3 or 4 bid league. I don't have MU in the top 4 in the conference at this point in time based on their play. Like I said, I think they will improve, but as of now I wouldn't have them in.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGoldenEagle View Post
    out of curiosity, how many conf wins do you think we will need to win to get in now? Or what do you see as our path to the tourney?
    I'd say 10-11 conference wins. Win either of the two upcoming big games, and you have a solid non-con profile with 1-2 good wins (depending on how GW does from here on out) and no bad losses. I think we win 13-14 conference games and this is a non issue, but we probably need to win both upcoming big games and that number of conference wins to see a 3-4 seed.

Now, Creighton and especially Xavier did mucho damage to their tournament hopes this weekend. I thought we were a lock five bid league before they decided to take five losses collectively, but now they both may need 11-7 in conference now for an at-large (and seeing that I have MU, Nova, and G-Town clearly ahead of them and a game trio of Butler, SJU, and Providence at their heels, it will be hard for them to get to 11 wins).

3-4 seed. I want what you are smoking

3-4 seed. I want what you are smoking
    This team is farther along then the one last year that got a 3 seed (which would have had three losses at this point also if OSU game had not been cancelled). Now, with the conference not as good, there is not the margin of error of last year. Hence the importance to win one or both or remaining key non-conference games. Still, you have to be a basketball moron not to see the significant improvement over the last ten days. Today's game was not real pretty, but our two most important players had ailments for part or all of the game (and yes, Derrick Wilson is one of our two most important players).

So you expect MU to be in the top 12-16 in the country when all is said and done? That is what it takes to be a 3 or 4 seed.

So you expect MU to be in the top 12-16 in the country when all is said and done? That is what it takes to be a 3 or 4 seed.
    I think they can have one of the top 12-16 tournament profiles. I did not think that last year's team was top 12 in the country (at least entering the NCAA's), but we got a 3 seed because of a strong profile.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    Lololol. This again?
    This time I agree wholeheartedly!!!!!!

It will be difficult to get that kind of profile in the New Big East.....Nova has a chance with their start.

To me last nights game came down to free thorw shooting, turnovers, and offensive boards for SDS. We continue to struggle at the line missing 10 frree throws including at least 2 front ends of the bonus by Davante no less.

He was sick so I will give him a pass but we just aren't going to win many games shooting like that from the line. Derrick slipped giving them a free basket,,,,Jake turns it over in the back court giving them a free basket.

Game is much different if those 2 areas are different but obviously they weren't.

Too bad...the game was there for the taking even with a mediocre performance on our part.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast