Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Calling My Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    It will be difficult to get that kind of profile in the New Big East.....Nova has a chance with their start.

To me last nights game came down to free thorw shooting, turnovers, and offensive boards for SDS. We continue to struggle at the line missing 10 frree throws including at least 2 front ends of the bonus by Davante no less.

He was sick so I will give him a pass but we just aren't going to win many games shooting like that from the line. Derrick slipped giving them a free basket,,,,Jake turns it over in the back court giving them a free basket.

Game is much different if those 2 areas are different but obviously they weren't.

Too bad...the game was there for the taking even with a mediocre performance on our part.
    Last night's loss was more infuriating than the other two, as I agree with your last sentence for sure. I am trying to tell myself to just enjoy the ride -- warts and all, the team will continue fighting and there is plenty of talent on hand -- but they should have taken last night's game for a variety of reasons and I am having a hard time getting past that.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    Last night's loss was more infuriating than the other two, as I agree with your last sentence for sure. I am trying to tell myself to just enjoy the ride -- warts and all, the team will continue fighting and there is plenty of talent on hand -- but they should have taken last night's game for a variety of reasons and I am having a hard time getting past that.
    Yes and no. It was a winnable even with all of the issues, but I think this team is not quite ready to overcome their best player being rendered ineffective, their PG losing a step cause of a groin/hip, and our best scoring guard playing with a bum ankle and broken nose. We needed Jamil to step up with a big game, and that was the frustrating part (and part of my faith in the team being really good is Jamil getting it).

Since when does Mayo have a broken nose?

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    Since when does Mayo have a broken nose?
    That's what Dr. Blackheart, who was with the traveling party in Anaheim, posted on Scoop.

My biggest issue with this team has been Jamil, no doubt. Whether he can have NBA success or not, whether he can follow in the footsteps of Jae and Jimmy at the next level, he can definitely be an excellent player at this level. Without a doubt he has the ability to be all-conference or more. He put up double-figures in points throughout the back half of last season and seemed to be finding consistency. The kid can clearly rebound, shoot, and create his own shot. But the bone-headed fouls and the inconsistency in his assertiveness just kills me.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    That's what Dr. Blackheart, who was with the traveling party in Anaheim, posted on Scoop.

I thought he said he "thought" he broke his nose.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123