Thread: 11.30 umkc

11.30 umkc

They pulled it out in the end. Really enjoyed the first half, the second half was a nightmare. But they pulled it out. Keep doing that, and I won't complain.

Is UMKC trying to usurp us as Division 1's biggest branding nightmare? Let's see, they're trying to push "Kansas City," yet everything in their arena still says "UMKC." Their colors are blue and gold, yet they're wearing slate grey uniforms with no gold at all that barely even contrast with royal blue. Lastly, they have friggin' Comic Sans on their floor? Comic Sans is to fonts what Miller Lite is to craft beer nerds. I posted a picture of their floor at the SportsLogos.net forum and one guy suggested a few of us take a trip to KC to burn it lol.

I couldnt help but keep bringing it up at the game. Like seriously.... Comic ******* sans?! Come on.

on the flip side they do and have a lot of things that i wish we pursued. They have banners of each player on the columns in the main lobby, they had gorgeous hd screens/scoreboards at either end of the arena instead of in the middle which was surprisingly nice. Made the arena seem much bigger. They had customized songs that incorporated their mascot and school name in them. They had an extremely high quality fight song recording that sounded amazing over their sound system that was also much better than ours. They had a professional court mc instead of student workers that have no idea what they are doing (the guy also looked like he came straight out of a seventies movie and it was awesome). They had a dance routine for their fight song that incorporated their mascot (which i now think is in my top 5 in college sports. That kangaroo was awesome). They do quite a bit of good things that i wished we did.

We do have a Pro MC, that woman works for a radio station I believe.

I don't know about that but maybe. I have heard otherwise from a few people. It would surprise me if she was a professional and still rotates with the other two guys (who i know for sure aren't). But i could be mistaken. Wouldnt be the first time. Lol