Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: We need...

OT: We need...

...what they're drinking in Auburn. Two unbelievable finishes in a row.

VS

That was insane... I'm pulling for them to jump Ohio St., I think the big 10 is really overrated.

My only disappointment is that FSU will win the championship without facing the best if they end up with OSU.
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

@McMurphyESPN: Projected BCS standings by @JBradEdwards 1. FSU, 2. Ohio State, 3, Auburn, 4. Alabama, 5. Missouri

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzWilliams4Pres View Post
    @McMurphyESPN: Projected BCS standings by @JBradEdwards 1. FSU, 2. Ohio State, 3, Auburn, 4. Alabama, 5. Missouri

Interesting to see what happens if Ohio State beats MSU and Auburn beats Mizzou.

Assuming FSU beats Duke of course.

Will be interesting if Auburn loses to Mizzou, and Ohio St. Loses to MSU... Do they take Mizzou or Bama then? I'm just hoping OSU doesn't get to the national championship, they aren't the second best team in my opinion. Their schedule was awful.

One of the big flaws in the BCS in my opinion is that it allows non-champions to get into the championship game. Alabama should not get a chance to get back into the championship game if it can't win its conference.

Mizzou can make an argument that their only loss came while their QB was out. I agree with the comment by Sultan that non-champions should not be allowed in the championship game. OSU may be the weakest #2 in history. I am hoping that Duke beats FSU and MSU beats OSU. Get all those one loss teams arguing over who should go.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    One of the big flaws in the BCS in my opinion is that it allows non-champions to get into the championship game. Alabama should not get a chance to get back into the championship game if it can't win its conference.
    Why should college football differ from college basketball? Non champions in basketball can win a national championship. Same in pro football or basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by wiscwarrior View Post
    Why should college football differ from college basketball? Non champions in basketball can win a national championship. Same in pro football or basketball.
    Those other sports you mention have tournaments or playoffs. Football takes the top 2 teams as decided by the BCS rules. Apples and oranges.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast