Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The bright side...

The bright side...

Considering we started the game down 14-3, after that point we out scored them the rest of the game by 9... And while there are no moral victories, we scored 77 pts, the offense looked vastly improved, and this team showed a flash of what I think we all hoped to see this year. Now we need to see if they can sustain it, but to everyone getting close to the edge I think you can step back a bit.

And this includes me, I was getting close to panic myself.

Buzz needs to start the best unit from the get go. Starting Derrick, Jake, Juan and Otule together is going to lead to a lot of quick deficits in my opinion. Obviously one of the contributing factors to our loss tonight.

It should be Derrick, Jake, JJJ, Jamil, Gardner starting the game.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGoldenEagle View Post
    Buzz needs to start the best unit from the get go. Starting Derrick, Jake, Juan and Otule together is going to lead to a lot of quick deficits in my opinion. Obviously one of the contributing factors to our loss tonight.

I'd keep Otule in there and agree with JJJ for now, but put Mayo in that spot once he is healthy. I like Chris to keep the defense strong down low, plus fear that Gardner would pick up two quick fouls a lot of nights. The 7-2 guy whooped us down low tonight, but I think Chris can give us a fair amount on both ends to start games.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGoldenEagle View Post

Otule will start every game he is healthy. And with Jajuan's inconsistency, he's not ready to be a regular starter. Yes, last night was impressive, but that's the only truly good game he's had all season. Grambling doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    Otule will start every game he is healthy. And with Jajuan's inconsistency, he's not ready to be a regular starter. Yes, last night was impressive, but that's the only truly good game he's had all season. Grambling doesn't count.
    Realistically, couldn't we say this about everybody playing ahead of him? The numbers sure seem to agree.

I think if you insert Mayo in for Jaun, that gives you some balance in your rotation.

Mayo would be the primary scorer for the first unit and then Davante would be the primary scorer with the second unit.

At this point after the track record Buzz has established as a fan I would refrain from offering him advice. I'd sit back and watch the team develop. I'd also have a beer and chips on hand. ;-) It will take some time for this team to find itself. Another year another challenge in putting the pieces together.

The second half of this game was the first time this season that Marquette looked like a Buzz Williams team. That means they have it in them as a team.....

Buzz will find a way to bring that out on a more consistent basis.....

To me, that is the most encouraging development from last night's game.......

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast