Thread: How does the team react?

How does the team react?

Ok, many of us were very upset (to say it mildly) with the JS and their timing to report that players were in a club underage. We have hashed that out in numerous threads on various boards.

So the question for today is, how does that affect Buzz and the players?

1. Do they use it as fuel like everyone is against them and gather together using it as an us against the world motivator?
    2. Did it take something out of them and Buzz leaving them ripe for a let down?
    3. Abolutely no effect on this team at all.

Seeing IWB's interviews prior to the Murray State game, it seemed the players respond to Buzz and like playing with a chip on their shoulder. Murray State was looked at as a road game, fans against them, etc.

I think they have done so all year, using perceived disrespect as a motivator (not picked high in the big east - then we can't win without Otule - then we can't win without Otule / Gardner - then undersized team - road game atmosphere in the NCAA - now media is against them).

I say Buzz uses the media's timing of this story to get the team motivated and play with a chip on their shoulder that these guys love. I think that may be the edge that, while we sure could have done without it, will be used as extra motivator which sometimes you need to get over that next hump, or in this case, Florida.

Goo - I think you are right, these guys have been thriving on the "us against the world" minset, hopefully they havent lost that edge.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson