Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Game thread

Quote Originally Posted by MU_Iceman View Post
    Apparently you don't get it..this was their 2nd Non conference loss...Now what happens if they lose one(or worse yet two or three) this weekend?? Then they lose @ UW, and lose a neutral site game to New Mexico?? No one knows what's going to happen..but we do KNOW they already have two non conference losses..What if by the end of Non conference it's 5 or 6?? Then what?? Your pinning your hopes on winning your conference tournament to get in. It would be much easier if they just won the games they played, don't you agree??
    Stewie, you're thinking about things like a bubble team. When we were TBW, it was a different story. If we go 8-5 in the non-con, I'm still confident we'll go 12-6 or better in the conference and be trending up. 1-2 wins at MSG will lock us into a respectable seed. And if the horror of horrors happens and we miss the tournament, so be it. We'll be back next year and with our recruiting classes be competing for titles in the near future.

I have to assume you're 20-25 years old, Stewie. You don't have much perspective on life or basketball. I suggest you not live and die with every regular season result. It's time to learn from what has happened with Buzz here. We lost 4 non-con games in 2010 and still made the 2011 tourney as an at-large and went to the Sweet 16. We lost 3 non-con games last year and still got a 3-seed and went to the Elite 8.

I'm not pinning my hopes on the conference tournament. I'm pinning my hopes on knowing that Buzz Williams knows how to get this done. He knows how to grow a team and how to have them both ready and playing in the NCAAs. And he certainly doesn't panic because of one result in November.

You may not make a Final four in November, but November is when resumes are starting to be built, and seeds are starting to grow. A loss in November, or a loss in February, it's still a loss. The committee remembers who you lost too 5 months earlier, I remember who they lost two 5 months ago, or years ago. I'm just competitive, whether I'm playing something or not. Hopefully, they can win the tourney this weekend, and I will look like a total fool. I hope they do. I hope they prove me wrong, and give you all more ammo to beat me up. Nothing would make me happier.
    Regardless of how they do in the tourney this weekend, you will still look like a total fool.

77, well put. In the not to distant past, our teams never really grew and progressed as the season went on.
    Some of these guys remind me of the town folk in Hoosiers, ready to run the coach out of town.....
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by pbiflyer View Post
    77, well put. In the not to distant past, our teams never really grew and progressed as the season went on.
    Some of these guys remind me of the town folk in Hoosiers, ready to run the coach out of town.....
    One of these guys, not some of these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    One of these guys, not some of these guys.

Okay now this is a TOTAL stretch, and completely UNTRUE. Where the hell did I say ANYTHING about wanting Buzz gone?? No where, because I never said it, I never implied it and it couldn't be further from the truth, but thanks for making that assumption. I love Buzz, always have loved buzz and thinks he does a great job. I didn't know me being angry/disappointed/upset with losing means I want him gone. There is ZERO wrong with being upset over losing. Who likes/wants to lose?? Do players?? hell no. Do Coaches?? Hell no! Do fans?? None that i know of. When you are competitive, you BETTER hate to lose at anything, anytime. I'd hate losing if I was playing a game of hangman or tic tac toe with someone no less than I hate seeing MU lose a BB game.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    Stewie, you're thinking about things like a bubble team. When we were TBW, it was a different story. If we go 8-5 in the non-con, I'm still confident we'll go 12-6 or better in the conference and be trending up. 1-2 wins at MSG will lock us into a respectable seed. And if the horror of horrors happens and we miss the tournament, so be it. We'll be back next year and with our recruiting classes be competing for titles in the near future.

I have to assume you're 20-25 years old, Stewie. You don't have much perspective on life or basketball. I suggest you not live and die with every regular season result. It's time to learn from what has happened with Buzz here. We lost 4 non-con games in 2010 and still made the 2011 tourney as an at-large and went to the Sweet 16. We lost 3 non-con games last year and still got a 3-seed and went to the Elite 8.

I'm not pinning my hopes on the conference tournament. I'm pinning my hopes on knowing that Buzz Williams knows how to get this done. He knows how to grow a team and how to have them both ready and playing in the NCAAs. And he certainly doesn't panic because of one result in November.
    You know what they say about making assumptions, right?? So please refrain. I don't need a "lesson" on anything from you. I know all about what has happened since Buzz has been here, thank you very much. I think buzz does a terrific job. This has nothing to do with him or me not thinking he's not getting it done etc. It has to do with...I HATE losing, at anything to anyone, at anytime. Period. Maybe you aren't a competitive person, and can't understand that concept? Maybe you never played a second of competitive sports(probably not, you were too busy watching cartoons even in HS)?? Maybe you don't know/care about winning or losing?? I don't know you, so I'm not going to judge you, I'd appreciate you do the same for me, and I'd appreciate it if you didn't call me Stewie(the fact you even know who he is, because i have no idea says something). And mostly, I'd appreciate you not try to give me a lesson on basketball. I have forgotten more than you will ever know. I'm pretty positive about that. Have a nice day!

Okay now this is a TOTAL stretch, and completely UNTRUE. Where the hell did I say ANYTHING about wanting Buzz gone?? No where, because I never said it, I never implied it and it couldn't be further from the truth, but thanks for making that assumption. I love Buzz, always have loved buzz and thinks he does a great job. I didn't know me being angry/disappointed/upset with losing means I want him gone. There is ZERO wrong with being upset over losing. Who likes/wants to lose?? Do players?? hell no. Do Coaches?? Hell no! Do fans?? None that i know of. When you are competitive, you BETTER hate to lose at anything, anytime. I'd hate losing if I was playing a game of hangman or tic tac toe with someone no less than I hate seeing MU lose a BB game.
    I have played, I have coached, I am a fan. In all cases I have always taught to lose with class. Something that apparently has not been taught to you.

I have said to you in the past, stay away from the board after a loss. You really should consider a 24 hour waiting period after a loss, 24 days if it is a loss to UW.

I have played, I have coached, I am a fan. In all cases I have always taught to lose with class. Something that apparently has not been taught to you.

I have said to you in the past, stay away from the board after a loss. You really should consider a 24 hour waiting period after a loss, 24 days if it is a loss to UW.
    24 years just to be totally safe.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    24 years just to be totally safe.
    24 decades even!
    "My contact didn't cite logic, he/she cited the NCAA rulebook." - IWB, 3/20/18

Thanks for the sage advice. I will take that under advisement! Here's a better idea, how about I just not have to worry about them losing, or at least not a lot, then none of us have any problems. That's the best idea, I think.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast