Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Game thread

Quote Originally Posted by MU_Iceman View Post
    You guys go right ahead and beat up on me. I could give a rats ass what any of you think. All I know is there isn't a one of you here in this thread that must be competitive, at all. Or played no competitive sports. Spin it anyway you want. If it makes you sleep better at night, so be it...but one more time...THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A GOOD LOSS! Period. End of story. So all you Sallies that went to bed comfortably after a LOSS because they "looked better" and it's "something to build on"...you make me sick and you can all go F*** yourselves. And after the next loss, it will be the same thing "they fought hard, they looked better, at least they made shots". Seashells and balloons, right?? Disgusting...all I remember is the score was 79-77 Arizona St, because that is ALL that matters at the end of the day. Like I said, they better win the tourney this weekend, or it's going to be a loooooooooooong season. Two losses in your first 5 of non conference, never helps a THING.

You are correct that there is no such thing as a good loss.

However, in a loss, you can still look for signs of progress. If you did play competitive sports, I am sure your coaches said similar things to you and your teammates in the aftermath of such a loss. Things you can build upon. Things that can make you better later on.

Frankly if your coaches didn't do that, and simply called you guys a bunch of "sallies," it certainly would explain the pathology going on here.

They did do that, any good Coach would, but it still didn't make me feel any better about a loss. Great, we have something to build on, let's go get them next time team!! And then after the next loss you say the same thing, and after that loss, and then after that loss...See my point?? Having things to build upon are great, but if it doesn't translate to wins, it doesn't make a damn bit of difference. Things that can make you better later on is all well and good, but with each and every loss you accumulate, pretty soon you run out of "later on" within every season, and by then, it's too late.

You may not make a Final four in November, but November is when resumes are starting to be built, and seeds are starting to grow. A loss in November, or a loss in February, it's still a loss. The committee remembers who you lost too 5 months earlier, I remember who they lost two 5 months ago, or years ago. I'm just competitive, whether I'm playing something or not. Hopefully, they can win the tourney this weekend, and I will look like a total fool. I hope they do. I hope they prove me wrong, and give you all more ammo to beat me up. Nothing would make me happier.
    You sound like a baby that managed to form sentences. You're Stewie Griffin.

Does all of this make you feel better? Here's the thing...this game will not keep us out of the tournament. And all that matters is getting there. If we've learned anything these past few years, it's that all that matters is getting there. Butler, VCU, George Mason, Wichita State, you can get to the Final Four from a lower seed. And the games in January and February will have a lot more impact on our seeding than what happened last night.

Seriously, it's time to relax, Stewie. Would I rather we won? Sure. But the NCAA season is a marathon, not a sprint. No one goes 40-0. Just ask Kentucky. The team is improving. Guys are learning their roles. Buzz said there would be some early season bumps. This bump was a lot better than the Ohio State bump was. We'll go beat Fullerton and GW and I like our odds against Creighton, SDSU, or an ASU rematch on Sunday. And if we lose, guess what? We'll still make the tournament and this team will still grow.

If you're going to freak out before the New Year, at least save it for a rivalry game like Wisconsin. When you throw all your toys out of the crib after every loss, it's just kind of sad and incredibly immature. This is the big boy site. Act like it.

You don’t go from terrible to really good in one step. Anybody who has ever played sports knows you get incrementally better.

This season we started out really bad…the reasons don’t matter at this point…….last night was a step in the right direction in becoming a good team.

Anybody who can’t see that should do themselves a favor and just stop watching the games. If it’s all about winning and losing then just read the box score the next day…it will tell you all you need to know….

Pour one out for Brian Griffin. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post

Does all of this make you feel better? Here's the thing...this game will not keep us out of the tournament. And all that matters is getting there. If we've learned anything these past few years, it's that all that matters is getting there. Butler, VCU, George Mason, Wichita State, you can get to the Final Four from a lower seed. And the games in January and February will have a lot more impact on our seeding than what happened last night.

Seriously, it's time to relax, Stewie. Would I rather we won? Sure. But the NCAA season is a marathon, not a sprint. No one goes 40-0. Just ask Kentucky. The team is improving. Guys are learning their roles. Buzz said there would be some early season bumps. This bump was a lot better than the Ohio State bump was. We'll go beat Fullerton and GW and I like our odds against Creighton, SDSU, or an ASU rematch on Sunday. And if we lose, guess what? We'll still make the tournament and this team will still grow.

If you're going to freak out before the New Year, at least save it for a rivalry game like Wisconsin. When you throw all your toys out of the crib after every loss, it's just kind of sad and incredibly immature. This is the big boy site. Act like it.

I am still admittedly bummed about Fox' decision to kill off Brian the dog. Especially when it is reported that the producers thought "this would be a fun way to shake things up". A fun way? Killing off one of the best characters is a "fun way to shake things up"?

I am a big fan of Family Guy, and this move may have driven me away completely.

Classic Family Guy.....

Peter: "Brian, I have to go to Mr. Pewterschmidt's country club and I don't know how to talk to those people, can you help me?"

Brian: "I would be happy to help Peter, let's see - try this, repeat after me: "Hello, it's nice to see you this evening."

Peter: "Bob Crane of Hogan's Heroes died during rough sex with a hooker."

Brian: "Great, I feel my work here is done!"
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post

Seriously, it's time to relax, Stewie. Would I rather we won? Sure. But the NCAA season is a marathon, not a sprint. No one goes 40-0. Just ask Kentucky. The team is improving. Guys are learning their roles. Buzz said there would be some early season bumps. This bump was a lot better than the Ohio State bump was. We'll go beat Fullerton and GW and I like our odds against Creighton, SDSU, or an ASU rematch on Sunday. And if we lose, guess what? We'll still make the tournament and this team will still grow.If you're going to freak out before the New Year, at least save it for a rivalry game like Wisconsin. When you throw all your toys out of the crib after every loss, it's just kind of sad and incredibly immature. This is the big boy site. Act like it.

Apparently you don't get it..this was their 2nd Non conference loss...Now what happens if they lose one(or worse yet two or three) this weekend?? Then they lose @ UW, and lose a neutral site game to New Mexico?? No one knows what's going to happen..but we do KNOW they already have two non conference losses..What if by the end of Non conference it's 5 or 6?? Then what?? Your pinning your hopes on winning your conference tournament to get in. It would be much easier if they just won the games they played, don't you agree??

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    You don’t go from terrible to really good in one step. Anybody who has ever played sports knows you get incrementally better.

This season we started out really bad…the reasons don’t matter at this point…….last night was a step in the right direction in becoming a good team.
    Anybody who can’t see that should do themselves a favor and just stop watching the games. If it’s all about winning and losing then just read the box score the next day…it will tell you all you need to know….

You are missing the whole point like everyone else is apparently...I'm not disputing last night wasn't a step in the right direction, but the problem is..how many "steps in the right direction" do you get/have to take before it gets too late and losses have accumulated?? THAT's my point...you can't get losses back. I'm just curious to know what you will all say if they play well in Anaheim this weekend, but lose two games?? Will it then be "well, you can clearly see the team progressing". This after their 3rd and 4th non conference losses were already accumulated?? They can progress all they want, but it would be a hell of a lot better if they did their progressing WHILE winning. That isn't unheard of you know?? Lots and lots of teams do that.

You are right, it will tell me all I need to know...the final score is what matters, isn't it?? I don't watch MU games expecting them to lose, do you?? What fun would that be?? I'm VERY hopeful they will win, and yes in many instances, expect them to win. So when they don't win, wouldn't you say it's fair to be disappointed?? Maybe your the type that doesn't care if they win or lose, don't care if they get in the tourney etc etc. if that's your cup of tea, I don't begrudge you that, but quite frankly, it's not for me.

You are missing the whole point like everyone else is apparently...I'm not disputing last night wasn't a step in the right direction, but the problem is..how many "steps in the right direction" do you get/have to take before it gets too late and losses have accumulated??

So you are essentially agreeing that taking steps in the right direction is an important thing to do...which is the exact thing that you called us "sallies" over and then said that we make you "sick" and told us to go "f*ck ourselves."

Seriously, we get your point. Taking steps in the right direction only matter if they translate to wins. But that doesn't mean that taking those steps aren't important.

To be fair he told us to go **** ourselves after I said it to him after his first post.

Maybe I was out of line but I get tired of his predictable rants….especially the “They better win the tournament !” …...Like the team owes it to him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    So you are essentially agreeing that taking steps in the right direction is an important thing to do...which is the exact thing that you called us "sallies" over and then said that we make you "sick" and told us to go "f*ck ourselves."

Seriously, we get your point. Taking steps in the right direction only matter if they translate to wins. But that doesn't mean that taking those steps aren't important.
    Last edited by Markedman; 11-26-2013 at 01:12 PM.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast