Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Game thread

Maybe we saw some addition by subtraction this game.

Quote Originally Posted by MU_Iceman View Post
    A loss is still a f'n loss no matter how you slice it. So they looked better. Whoopty doo. All I see is an "L". No moral victories. They better win the damn tourney this weekend now.
    Come now, we all have been frustrated. But this team really turned it on tonite after a bad start. Sure it's an L, but it was a team buuilding event tonite.

Think we get a rematch on Sunday in finals and hopefully it goes different. They have an outstanding 1, 2, and 5 and decent complementary parts on the wing. As much as no Mayo hurt the offense, he is also our quickest perimeter defender. He could have guarded Carson at times and then swing Derrick Wilson over to Marshall. ASU is a borderline top 25 team and should finish in the top half of the PAC 12. We should have our usual season once fully healthy as long as the team builds on tonight (and I trust Buzz to do that).

Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    Maybe we saw some addition by subtraction this game.
    I don't think that is a fair comment on Mayo.

I posted earlier that the team was getting good looks and we can't be that bad of a shooting team to be shooting 16%. they got looks again tonight and they hit them. And you know what, we had a chance to win.

As for Iceman - go to another board, you might be welcome there.

If someone would have told me that we would be down by 15, come back and have a chance to win at the very end, I would have been shocked.

Some good things happened tonight. Some things we need to work on. But I am encouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    I think I can speak for the entire board when I say ...Go **** yourself....sorry....you are an ass
    I don't know if you speak for the entire board, but you certainly have captured my sentiments very well.

You guys go right ahead and beat up on me. I could give a rats ass what any of you think. All I know is there isn't a one of you here in this thread that must be competitive, at all. Or played no competitive sports. Spin it anyway you want. If it makes you sleep better at night, so be it...but one more time...THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A GOOD LOSS! Period. End of story. So all you Sallies that went to bed comfortably after a LOSS because they "looked better" and it's "something to build on"...you make me sick and you can all go F*** yourselves. And after the next loss, it will be the same thing "they fought hard, they looked better, at least they made shots". Seashells and balloons, right?? Disgusting...all I remember is the score was 79-77 Arizona St, because that is ALL that matters at the end of the day. Like I said, they better win the tourney this weekend, or it's going to be a loooooooooooong season. Two losses in your first 5 of non conference, never helps a THING.

4656498+_33a2d6f05b4f1b5283de800e8b4faa49.jpg

Is that Mayor Beluga in his kilt?
    "My contact didn't cite logic, he/she cited the NCAA rulebook." - IWB, 3/20/18

Quote Originally Posted by MU_Iceman View Post
    You guys go right ahead and beat up on me. I could give a rats ass what any of you think. All I know is there isn't a one of you here in this thread that must be competitive, at all. Or played no competitive sports. Spin it anyway you want. If it makes you sleep better at night, so be it...but one more time...THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A GOOD LOSS! Period. End of story. So all you Sallies that went to bed comfortably after a LOSS because they "looked better" and it's "something to build on"...you make me sick and you can all go F*** yourselves. And after the next loss, it will be the same thing "they fought hard, they looked better, at least they made shots". Seashells and balloons, right?? Disgusting...all I remember is the score was 79-77 Arizona St, because that is ALL that matters at the end of the day. Like I said, they better win the tourney this weekend, or it's going to be a loooooooooooong season. Two losses in your first 5 of non conference, never helps a THING.
    Iceman, it's morning. Did you not sleep? Maybe time for a nap. It's November. Do you realize what has happened in November the past few years? Losses to Dayton and Butler that we thought we'd win. A blowout at Florida. Close-but-not-quite games against Duke, Florida State, and Gonzaga. It happens. Don't let your blood pressure get up over it. It's November.

This team is doing fine. They have one more loss than I personally expected at this point and my prediction was winning the Big East and a deep March run. That loss was to a top-10 team. Nothing to stress over, it happens. Yesterday at this time, everyone was panicked that Jake couldn't hit a shot against a non-Grambling team to save his life (had that worry myself). Derrick was useless and did nothing on offense once we got past half-court. Jamil couldn't assert himself. Davante was in a funk. Jajuan Johnson, for all the hype, was failing to contribute. Last night, all those things started to right themselves.

It's a long season. You don't make a Final Four in November and in March, no one cares who you lost to 5 months earlier. You can freak out all you want if it makes you feel better, but please keep your pissing and moaning off this board. Vent on Scoop or Scout, they are better suited for that kind of pussy-boy pouting. In the grand scheme, losing to Dayton and Florida State didn't keep us out of the tournament, losing to Duke and Gonzaga didn't keep us out of the Sweet 16, and losing to Butler and Florida didn't keep us out of the Elite 8. Losses to Ohio State and Arizona State won't ruin our season. And on a board where IWB has worked hard to maintain peace and harmony, your weak-ass crying like a spoiled little bitch who expects to win every game simply doesn't fit in. You call us sallies? At least we can take a lump and not turn into a puddle of pissing goo. Now please stop whining.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    Iceman, it's morning. Did you not sleep? Maybe time for a nap. It's November. Do you realize what has happened in November the past few years? Losses to Dayton and Butler that we thought we'd win. A blowout at Florida. Close-but-not-quite games against Duke, Florida State, and Gonzaga. It happens. Don't let your blood pressure get up over it. It's November.

This team is doing fine. They have one more loss than I personally expected at this point and my prediction was winning the Big East and a deep March run. That loss was to a top-10 team. Nothing to stress over, it happens. Yesterday at this time, everyone was panicked that Jake couldn't hit a shot against a non-Grambling team to save his life (had that worry myself). Derrick was useless and did nothing on offense once we got past half-court. Jamil couldn't assert himself. Davante was in a funk. Jajuan Johnson, for all the hype, was failing to contribute. Last night, all those things started to right themselves.

It's a long season. You don't make a Final Four in November and in March, no one cares who you lost to 5 months earlier. You can freak out all you want if it makes you feel better, but please keep your pissing and moaning off this board. Vent on Scoop or Scout, they are better suited for that kind of pussy-boy pouting. In the grand scheme, losing to Dayton and Florida State didn't keep us out of the tournament, losing to Duke and Gonzaga didn't keep us out of the Sweet 16, and losing to Butler and Florida didn't keep us out of the Elite 8. Losses to Ohio State and Arizona State won't ruin our season. And on a board where IWB has worked hard to maintain peace and harmony, your weak-ass crying like a spoiled little bitch who expects to win every game simply doesn't fit in. You call us sallies? At least we can take a lump and not turn into a puddle of pissing goo. Now please stop whining.
    I guess some people are right...why keep score anymore?? Let's just have everyone play games for the exercise, and to promote goodwill. After all these years...I guess it's not about winning or losing anymore, it IS truly about how you play the game, right??

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post

You may not make a Final four in November, but November is when resumes are starting to be built, and seeds are starting to grow. A loss in November, or a loss in February, it's still a loss. The committee remembers who you lost too 5 months earlier, I remember who they lost two 5 months ago, or years ago. I'm just competitive, whether I'm playing something or not. Hopefully, they can win the tourney this weekend, and I will look like a total fool. I hope they do. I hope they prove me wrong, and give you all more ammo to beat me up. Nothing would make me happier.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast