Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pro-Am star has a big win!

Pro-Am star has a big win!

Belmont wins at North Carolina! Drew Windler.

Drew is the nicest guy. His freshman year he got manhandled in the Pro Am, came back every summer and took MVP this year.

Yes - Drew Windler and Belmont knock off JP Tokoto and North Carolina in the Dean Dome.

Windler put up 16 points and shot 4-6 from 3pt land.

Tokoto had 8 points, 9 rebounds, but was 2-7 from the field and 4-16 from the line.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Yes - Drew Windler and Belmont knock off JP Tokoto and North Carolina in the Dean Dome.

Windler put up 16 points and shot 4-6 from 3pt land.

Tokoto had 8 points, 9 rebounds, but was 2-7 from the field and 4-16 from the line.
    I saw that line, obvious his shooting still has not improved from HS, even though I know he works on it extensively.

UNC clearly needs to spend more time practicing free throws.

Yes - UNC was 22-48 from the line. That is pretty awful.

Interesting, we talked about the bigger schools having the cash to bring refs into practices to prepare for the new foul rules - this game was a good example.

UNC only committed 19 fouls and had 48 free throw attempts.

Belmont committed 31 fouls and only had 22 free throw attempts.
    Last edited by IWB; 11-17-2013 at 06:11 PM.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

I watched parts of the game as it was on ESPN U. Congrats to Drew.

Very happy to see Drew Windler do so well on the big stage, as he is a really good kid.

The pro am has been great for him. Here is a guy playing at a mid major who during the summer had the opportunity to play against guys playing pro ball overseas, battling Davante and Otule, basically getting a chance at some competition he normally wouldn't get working out in the South Milwaukee gym.

I see Matt Tiby doing well out of the gate for UWM. Another guy that at times was man handled by Davante and at times by more experienced professional players at the pro am, guys he doesn't see in the horizon league. UWM guys really benefit from the pro am.

Did he whine to the refs after every possession?

Quote Originally Posted by Mucrisco View Post
    Did he whine to the refs after every possession?
    He was in foul trouble.

UNC fans must have been slow to get back in for the second half.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast