Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vanderbilt loss in December 2011

Vanderbilt loss in December 2011

I know many have mentioned the loss @ Florida last year in saying one bad loss does not define a team. I think the Vanderbilt loss @ home in December 2011epitomized this theory even more.

Not saying we are guaranteed similar success as the past 2 years, but it will be interesting to see what changes/adjustments Buzz and staff make to improve our offense......or whether it is as simple as just making shots.

That team had Jae Crowder, Junior, DJO and Vander.......

Shot 18% in second half against Southern!

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    And who's to say that Mayo, Jamil, Taylor, and Gardner do not become a strong core in their own right. They are all plenty talented and Buzz still knows how to coach. That game was after a full non-conference season, while this was three games into the season. Not enough credit has been given to our opponent and examination of the context of the situation. If New Mexico blows our doors off in a month, then I will worry about this team not meeting our high expectation.

Does anyone around here actually enjoy Marquette basketball anymore, or do you just show up to the games or watch on TV so you can gripe and complain like you do on these message boards?

Good lord, if this team actually had a bad year and missed the tournament - better programs have had that happen in recent memory - it would be treated here like a natural disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    Yet they still lost at home and looked ugly doing it.

At that time, people were frustrated with all of those players you mention. Some wanted Vander benched. People were wondering who else could play point guard, because Junior had no offense and was a liability. DJO was not showing leadership. People were critical of his play wondering if he would ever step up. Jae Crowder, at that time, was not the Jae Crowder of the end of the year. Many complained he just would jack up 3's and was undersized.

How soon people forget ...

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    I know many have mentioned the loss @ Florida last year in saying one bad loss does not define a team. I think the Vanderbilt loss @ home in December 2011epitomized this theory even more.

Not saying we are guaranteed similar success as the past 2 years, but it will be interesting to see what changes/adjustments Buzz and staff make to improve our offense......or whether it is as simple as just making shots.
    Bingo! Plus, it's not even Thanksgiving. Buzz has a tendency to teach and prove points this early on. I trust that he'll get the work done on this group just like in years past.

Buzz will figure something out to make MU competitive. I'm confident in that. Just don't think he has a full set of tools to work with this year.

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    Buzz will figure something out to make MU competitive. I'm confident in that. Just don't think he has a full set of tools to work with this year.
    He has never had a full set of tools. Somehow managed to make it work nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    He has never had a full set of tools. Somehow managed to make it work nonetheless.
    I just said that!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast