Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Derrick Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    I hope you guys are okay with disappointment, because everyone is looking at Duane as a savior and the odds are he'll fall very, very, very far short of that this season. Let's at least let him get on the court before we paint him as the next great MU point guard.
    I do not think Duane is going to be a savior his 1st year. I don't believe anybody else on the board believes this either. My response was based on you telling me I have no way to say Duane is a better player than Dawson. Didn't mean to imply DuWilson was a great 1st year point guard. Sorry if you got that impression. Just my rationale behind my original statement.

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    Yes, but I meant these freshman will be better at the end of the season than the less talented players in front of them if allowed to develop now.
    Offensively, maybe. Defensively, I highly doubt it. And defense is what earns minutes on this team.

Offensively, maybe. Defensively, I highly doubt it. And defense is what earns minutes on this team.
    Agree completely with that statement, though that philosophy of Buzz's might be tested this season.

That is true, and has worked in the past! I think that may be tested a little this season though if the offense continues to struggle! Buzz will figure something out, he always does!

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    That is true, and has worked in the past! I think that may be tested a little this season though if the offense continues to struggle! Buzz will figure something out, he always does!
    It will be interesting. Bo did that somewhat to Dekker last season. While watching some Badger games I thought, who cares if Dekker doesn't play D as well as Evans / Bruise / etc. You need points, get that kid into the flow and give him 30+ minutes.

Granted we don't have a top 15 recruit, but I thought at some point Johnson might have helped offensively, and if needed play a zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    It will be interesting. Bo did that somewhat to Dekker last season. While watching some Badger games I thought, who cares if Dekker doesn't play D as well as Evans / Bruise / etc. You need points, get that kid into the flow and give him 30+ minutes.

Granted we don't have a top 15 recruit, but I thought at some point Johnson might have helped offensively, and if needed play a zone.
    We did play zone

When we did I thought if there was a time to put Johnson in, that would be the time.

When he was a freshman, Derrick averaged 8.8 mpg, so basically 9 mpg.

It seems to me Buzz ought to be able to give the back-up point guard at least the same number of minutes, but Derrick has played 34 mpg and 38 mpg. I'm very curious to see how the minutes at point end up being allotted once conference play begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Warrior View Post
    When he was a freshman, Derrick averaged 8.8 mpg, so basically 9 mpg.

It seems to me Buzz ought to be able to give the back-up point guard at least the same number of minutes, but Derrick has played 34 mpg and 38 mpg. I'm very curious to see how the minutes at point end up being allotted once conference play begins.
    Goes back to the whole-- defense earns playing time-- thing. Derrick earned those minutes by playing defense. Apparently Dawson has not and DuWilson hasn't had a chance to earn them.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234