Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Derrick Wilson

Derrick Wilson

Will start every game the rest of this year unless he gets injured. Anyone who thinks otherwise is being delusional.

I agree with you. He probably will. But that doesn't mean he will play 38 minutes, like he did today, or even 34 minutes, which he did against Southern.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    Will start every game the rest of this year unless he gets injured. Anyone who thinks otherwise is being delusional.
    Then I will probably be complaining a lot this season.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    It may or may not happen that way. The odds are that it will, but if Duane gets healthy, he is capable of replacing Derrick. Think we need an influx of offense to start the game. I kinda hope Duane forces Buzz's hand cuz that would be great for our squad. And unless you are Buzz, you really shouldn't make such definitive, arrogant statements to those whose opinions differ from yours. Hope it comes back to bite you as I think Duane, if healthy, will be just what the Doctor ordered.

The odds are stacked against any freshman to see major minutes in Buzz's system. They are double stacked when said freshman misses up to the first 2 months of the season and most of the early season practices. At best I see a 30/10 split developing by the end of the season and even that seems a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    It may or may not happen that way. The odds are that it will, but if Duane gets healthy, he is capable of replacing Derrick. Think we need an influx of offense to start the game. I kinda hope Duane forces Buzz's hand cuz that would be great for our squad. And unless you are Buzz, you really shouldn't make such definitive, arrogant statements to those whose opinions differ from yours. Hope it comes back to bite you as I think Duane, if healthy, will be just what the Doctor ordered.

I think greater hope lies with John Dawson than Duane Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    I think greater hope lies with John Dawson than Duane Wilson.
    Maybe short term. Can't imagine for the long run.

I mean this year.

I think Duane is a little over-hyped at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    I mean this year.

I think Duane is a little over-hyped at this point.
    What makes you think that? Have you seen him play enough to make that decision? Do you have info on his injury that makes you think he won't be a factor this year?

I think we should temper expectations based on our over-hyping of freshmen previously.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast