Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see many conventional offensive sets with a team that now has more of a traditional line-up. I also see no offensive identity.

The problems on offense are a heck of a lot more than just needing to find a go to guy.

I see a lot of players out of position on offense, poor spacing, no paint touches and/or kick outs, limited passes from the wing into the post (when the ball should have been pounded down there), no ball rotation, and only 1 big posting up in or near the paint.

Frankly, I think there are players that don't understand theirs offensive roles and as a result it never allows Marquette to execute an offensive strategy.

Most of all it is the guard play. I see poor leadership from the point guard in establishing the offensive sets and getting players into proper position and I see our starting #2 being overmatched offensively. As a result, the #3 never benefits from those two positions like he should.

Also, when Devante is not in the game with O'tule, I almost never see the #4 in the blocks our near the hoop. I'm not saying the #4 always has to be there because the game has changed, but that is where part of the confusion lies. The team starts the game with what looks like contemporary offensive sets. Then, with only 2:00 minutes gone in the game, Devante comes in and the offense becomes more traditional. Add that up with poor leadership from the point and an overmatched #2 and you have not only a team with a lack of identity on offense, but right now its kind of wild-wild west a.k.a. scrambled eggs.

The point guard needs to get his teammates to understand what they are doing on offense based on the personnel in the game. Then, he needs to demand the acquiescence of his teammates in running the appropriate sets and strategy. That would be a huge improvement.

So, this problem on offense needs to be corrected at the point first. More leadership.

Next, the current starting #2 should not be starting. He is a role player. A player who can stretch the other teams defense when needed.

Then its the basics that are needed. Spacing, ball rotation, paint touches, hitting the post, etc.

Finally, understanding the offensive strategy at the given moment by the entire team will do wonders.

We don't need a "go to guy" we need a leader.