Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Some of this loss is on us, the fans

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    Absolutely. As stated, OSU was there for the taking. They played like crap, too. We were in this game, tied at half, and they started the second half hot and we lost contact. Obviously we cannot score points in bunches. The 1st 4 minutes of the second half determined the outcome.
    I have aisle seats and am back for the start of the 2nd half, so I understand the frustration of people not being back. With that said, MU started the 2nd half shooting 2-6. They finished 2-18. Their best stretch of shooting today was with the fans not back in their seats. It didn't matter if fans were in their seats or not, they couldn't make shots today. MU only shot 20.7% in the 1st half and that was with the fans into the game. There are just some days the team isn't very good and today was one of them.

I agree with this. It's a minor inconvenience and it annoys me but this is definitely not something I notice unless MU is losing. I wouldn't even notice if they were winning to be honest. I don't think it has much of an effect on the game, if any.

The BC and or MU needs to do something to let the fans in the corridor know that the 2nd half is starting. There's no way to know from some of the bar areas.

Dim the lights or something.
    "My contact didn't cite logic, he/she cited the NCAA rulebook." - IWB, 3/20/18

I agree with Gato. People need to make it a priority to make it back to their seats. The energy really helped us in the first half but in the second half by the time everyone made it back by then it was pretty much too late. Why wouldn't people want to at least try to make a difference?

So MU has no chance to win on the road this year since they need 17,000 people in the seats cheering wildly for them to stay in the game? Fans can help a team, but when a team shoots 18% and commits 4 turnovers on in-bounds passes, there's not much the fans can do.

I am not at every game, but made it up today with my son. At the half, I went to the bathroom. The lines were crazy long, and I'm talking about the men's room. Was going to buy another beer, but those lines were really long as well. Looked in to check the time and there was 2 minutes til 2nd half.

Sure there might have been some people mingling out there. But the bathroom and food lines were really long and some people may have wanted to get back on time, but couldn't.

And for the record, I think it has nothing to do with winning or even playing well.

Home court means nothing in sports, right? Of course not, teams have better records at home vs. the road. If home court means something, how can it be credibly said that fans have no impact on the game?

Cool

I have been griping about this for years but it was so obvious today. OSU had its big run, when it actually put the game away, in the first four minutes of the second half. The BC was dead at the start of the half because the "fans" were still in the concourse and the Courtside Club socializing. There was no juice to start the half--none. OSU came out tough and there was no fan input to attempt to stem the tide. I am dead serious about this and I know some at MU have been concerned about this in the past. Obviously, it really pisses me off.
    This is complete bullsh#t. You suck Gato.

The BC hit its peak for noise and fan support during the UConn game that Dominic James got hurt in. To this day, I have never heard the BC louder. It was like MECCA that day.

It hasn't been even close to being that loud since.

Home court means nothing in sports, right? Of course not, teams have better records at home vs. the road. If home court means something, how can it be credibly said that fans have no impact on the game?
    Of course it means something. Familiar rims, sleeping in your own bed, etc. To nitpick it down to fans getting back to their seats a couple minutes late is reaching. The team wasn't good today. That's why they lost. There is no need to make excuses.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast