Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Some of this loss is on us, the fans

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    OSU was better? They totally sucked today in almost every statistical category, except 2nd half shooting. We had a great opportunity to win this game with the way OSU played. They played like crap and we were worse. We needed a strong home court advantage and there is no way we could say that advantage existed in the first four minutes of the second half. It just so happened that Ohio State broke open the game when our home court advantage was minimized. I am not saying it is cause and effect, I am saying it is a factor.
    That makes no sense.

Turn the monitors off then, and people will be in their seat. I can tell you I am typically one of the guilty ones. I don't think it impacts the game though.

Sure it does. It is not the sole cause, it is a cause that combined with others that produced the result.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    That makes no sense.

What I noticed at the game and believe, in part, what Gato is discussing is the lack of energy from the fans. Those that are coming back late are disengaged. They disrupt those of us in our seats. MU does feed off the fans energy and there was none.

That said, DWill's two and Jake's one missed three attempts led to points on the other end. Poor shooting and poor defense gave OSU am early sizable lead that MU could not overcome. Still, these fans are annoying.

MU went 12 minutes without a field goal and had 4 in the 2nd half and you want some of the blame to go to the fans?!?

2 of those 4 field goals in the 2nd half came in the first 2:30 when the fans were still in the concourse.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    What I noticed at the game and believe, in part, what Gato is discussing is the lack of energy from the fans. Those that are coming back late are disengaged. They disrupt those of us in our seats. MU does feed off the fans energy and there was none.

That said, DWill's two and Jake's one missed three attempts led to points on the other end. Poor shooting and poor defense gave OSU am early sizable lead that MU could not overcome. Still, these fans are annoying.
    Agree and disagree. There was a lot of energy at the BC today. The fans were ready to get loud but just never had anything to cheer about especially in the second half.

The problem with people showing up late in the second half is that everyone is doing it at a different time. The 2500 people in the lower bowl that aren't in their seats are all coming back at different times. Not only are those people disengaged but it also disengages the other people that were sitting down as well. I feel that people should be able to enjoy the game how they want to and if they want to sit out in the hall for a few min extra then that's their decision, but they should at least wait to come back till the 16 min timeout.

I think this thread is a major reach. Title it something like it inconveniences you as a fan who is already in his/her seat when the late folks get back, but don't try to link the teams performance to late arriving fans. Seems like major excuse making to me.

Absolutely. As stated, OSU was there for the taking. They played like crap, too. We were in this game, tied at half, and they started the second half hot and we lost contact. Obviously we cannot score points in bunches. The 1st 4 minutes of the second half determined the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by mutpm View Post
    MU went 12 minutes without a field goal and had 4 in the 2nd half and you want some of the blame to go to the fans?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    Absolutely. As stated, OSU was there for the taking. They played like crap, too. We were in this game, tied at half, and they started the second half hot and we lost contact. Obviously we cannot score points in bunches. The 1st 4 minutes of the second half determined the outcome.
    Yeah, but it wasn't because of the fans. It was because OSU's guards were attacking more. (Reason we went into zone.)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast