Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Gameday

Yes, lots went wrong today, but it all starts with the PG. He seems indecisive, seems a tick late with his passes, not hitting guys in rythym, not playing overly good defense, is probably exhausted, and is not an offensive threat. I think he is better in short doses when he can focus on defense.

Yes, but the point guard is the one that sets the tempo and everything else on offense. Marquette got dominated at the guard today and I just don't see the potential there to improve with who Buzz played today.

A team loss. Still need to define roles and find offense. The D was there and the intensity was there in the first half.

Not close to a top 25 team right now.

Well that was about as ugly as you can get - 35 points.

10-53 from the field.

20 turnovers

1-18 from 3pt
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

I'd like to see heavy minutes from Dawson and JuJuan going forward. I would rather take my lumps with the freshman and improve as the season goes along. Dwill and Jake are not a high level D1 starting back court.

Not really disagreeing about the PG play, as I noted a few issues the last two games, just saying this was a horrible effort all the way around.

As poor as the officiating was today (in my opinion) they called 19 on OSU and 18 on MU - overall with the new rules in place, that wasn't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBaxter View Post
    Not close to a top 25 team right now.
    Agree completely. I think they can be a top 25 team, but are not even close right now.

PG play was the first thing that jumped out at me in the first two games against the bunnies. I was extremely worried that this would happen against a good team.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast