Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Gameday

I also keep hearing how great a shooter Jake Thomas is. Someone posted something today how he hit 40 of 50 or something ridiculous in pregame from three. Other than a few baskets against the worst team in D1 history (Grambling), I have not seen anything from him to think he deserves to be on the floor in a year and 3 games.

The Jake experiment can't end fast enough. What a disaster.

I'm not saying the Derrick Wilson is an elite PG by any means, but he did get the ball to players with a chance to score. I am fine with experimenting more with Dawson, but let's not fool ourselves into thinking that is going to turn a poor outside shooting team into a good one.

And I don't know what to say anymore about Jamil. He's not quick enough to drive on anyone...he's too inconsistent from the outside...he still doesn't physically mix it up in the lane.

Just left the BC. Not one guard played well. DWill's 2 three misses and Jake's miss from 3 early started the blowout. Really disappointed in all the guards. As bad as I have seen guard play from Marquette. I agree with the comments on DWill. He played poorly. No offensive flow and that falls on him. If I see he or Jake double pump in traffic again, I may scream. What bothered me most was how poorly those two phases the ball.

That said Steve Taylor needs more minutes. I need Jamil would assert and take over.

Are the freshman this bad that they can't play when our guard play was killing us?

All in all, a really bad overall performance.

Dawson gets rid of the ball and gets other players the ball in much better position than anyone else on the team. Not even close. Use him.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBaxter View Post
    Dawson gets rid of the ball and gets other players the ball in much better position than anyone else on the team. Not even close. Use him.
    Yeah, the whole not playing him at all was puzzling. Also JJJ.

2 Things

If you told me before the game that we held OSU to 52 points I would say win.

Davante only took 6 shots? Get the ball into your best scrorers hands.

One last thing. Please make this the last time we see Jim Burr. That crew was bad; Burr was awful.

Burr reffed as poorly as we shot.

I didn't pay attention to the refs today. Let's be honest, their calls didn't matter.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast