Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alexander Trolls Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    Their reaction is priceless. I had to laugh as they were trying to find out what just happened. At the end, one guy says, "he picked the University of". Followed by another saying, it's not "The University of Kansas, it's KU". No, they go by KU, but it is The University of Kansas.

Unrelated but the guy to the left of Cliff looks strange, sun glasses indoors? Would guess thats his dad.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzWilliams4Pres View Post
    Unrelated but the guy to the left of Cliff looks strange, sun glasses indoors? Would guess thats his dad.
    Dude looks like a legit badass!

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    Their reaction is priceless. I had to laugh as they were trying to find out what just happened. At the end, one guy says, "he picked the University of". Followed by another saying, it's not "The University of Kansas, it's KU". No, they go by KU, but it is The University of Kansas.
    To me this is very similar to Looney not choosing Wisconsin. Same thing goes here in my opinion. When you blow up to be a top 10 kid, it's hard to stay home when you compare a Wisconsin, or in this case Illinois, to the Dukes, Kansas's and KY's of the world.

is it true that the school actually sold tickets to Alexanders announcement?

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    is it true that the school actually sold tickets to Alexanders announcement?
    according to shannon ryan of the tribune yes

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysfryboy View Post
    that's funny as hell.

only because it's illinois.
    1000 percent this. In general probably not real cool, but I will make a strong exception in this instance.

Could not care less about Illinois, but the amount of time coaching staffs put in.....then a kid literally holds a presser and "reaches and grabs" the Illini hat......only to then stop, reach over to grab and put on the Kansas hat.....then smile.

I prefer the kids who say how hard it was to call the other coaches to say he would not be coming.

Sorry, but it was a punk move. And I doubt it was spontaneous. He planned it.

It was disrespectful. If I were a coach who had just spent countless hours trying to recruit this kid, and I was one of the finalists, I'd be pissed - as in a big FU because that's basically what this kid said to the coaches that lost out on him.

I have one word for this kid - yup - PUNK!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qCYErpJTF8

My buddy from Marquette, who is from Chicago, sent me this clip this morning, because he knows I hate all things Illinois. I thought it was a punk move, but I have to admit that seeing that youtube makes me laugh.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12