Thread: Another reminder

Another reminder

of how awesome Buzz is...

Marcus R. Fuller ‏@GophersNow 3h
    Kill said Marquette basketball coach Buzz Williams continues to send him notes of support. They didn't know each other before. #Gophers
    Reply Retweet Favorite More Expand

This is in reference to Jerry Kill the Minnesota football coach who is battling epilepsy.

Here is the original reference from Gopherhole

• I'm fortunate that I've been in coaching for 30 years and I've been on that side of things (when asked about NU game) - it's the worst feeling you can get. They are great people, and they've been great to me. I used to see Pat at Northern. I've had a lot of people reach out and so forth. Buzz Williams send me one thing, and I opened up the mail and sent me something else. I don't even know the guy. There are a lot of good people out there. If I compete, I'm competing to win, that doesn't mean I don't love them.

Buzz being Buzz. Simply awesome.

It's great to see Minnesota at 7-2. They could be playing on New Year's Day.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post

Tough end to the year though....Wisconsin and then at Michigan State. Penn State this Saturday is a toss up too.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    I have to tell you, as a life-long exile, this bit of love in Badger-Packerland for anything Minnesota does my old heart good.

Minnesota Jeb - you are not alone as you & MU Viking are like two peas in a pod. Both tall, both from Minnesota and both love MU basketball!
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Except that Viking is a lot younger and better looking -

Well, that's the best compliment I've received all day!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRev View Post
    Except that Viking is a lot younger and better looking -
    Rev (who by the way is from Stevens Point), now I feel like that antelope in the Far Side cartoon where, out of a car driving around a high mountain road overlooking a valley, comes the words, "What stupid-looking antelopes!" Then down in the valley below one antelope says to the other, "I think I just heard a discouraging word."

Just kidding. As we everybody knows, in Woebegone country absolutely all the men are good-looking.