Thread: Refreshing

Refreshing

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...9267--nfl.html

I found this article refreshing. Kind of relates to Buzz's, "You don't mess with happy," only in reverse as in "Mess with unhappy."

I say, "Good for Moffit."

I disagree on the "Good for Moffit". If he wants to give it up, if he wants to retire - fine, do it at the end of the season. You have teammates that are depending on you. You have a team/organization that is depending on you. You have fans that are depending on you.

"Hey Peyton Manning - I don't care if you get your ass kicked by some undrafted rookie, I'm not having fun, so see ya!"

They can't simply replace you with an equal at this point of the season. You made a commitment to play for them when free agents were out there, you shouldn't quit on them. You want to retire? Fine, do it at the end of the year.
    Last edited by IWB; 11-07-2013 at 07:25 AM.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Is Moffit the guy who has the history of being arrested for pissing in public parking lots while drunk or is that a different former Badger O-Lineman?

IWB,

I agree with you on the timing. I was referring more to putting greater value on quality of life (Happiness) than standard of living (money).

I am so sick of the almighty dollar being the end-all/be-all. Twenty-five years ago following a 20-year career in MPS, I left teaching in the public schools to teach in a private school. I took about a 20% pay cut (as well as a major reduction in fringe benefits), which definitely affected my family's standard of living. Life became more challenging financially, but I was a happier person. Money is not everything. It is not the most important thing.

I find it refreshing that a highly-paid athlete is willing to turn his back on the millions he would make over just the next half dozen years or so. Should he have waited until the end of the season? Yes. I guess I should have been clearer in my original post as to what I was referring to.

I have no problem with him leaving on his own accord. If he was bad, they would release him. Gotta look out for yourself.

He was a 3rd stringer wasn't he?

No, that is Montee Ball. He was 2nd string, but first guard in.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson