Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10.31 Marian College (Exhibiton)

I would say Cody is no higher than the fourth player off the bench. Assuming the same starting lineup of JJ, Matt, Steve, Jordan and Bobo, the first three off the bench are Kyle, Austin and JeVon. Actually even Evan might get off the bench before Cody.

It was great to see the guys play tonight. Matt Tiby takes no prisoners. Now if only he would also take no three point shots.

JJ, Kyle, Matt and Austin all played well up front. Austin was extremely efficient offensively. Our guard play needs to get tighter.

Can't wait for the Loyola game.

Tiby is definitely the vocal leader on and off the court. He was seemingly constantly directing the defense and calling all the guys together, plus cheering them on from the bench. He made a great postgame quote: "A quiet gym is a losing gym." Very excited to see the energy he's going to bring, plus he rocked the cornrows!

I'm kind of partial to RS Wichmann and the Prahls, though I wouldn't mind seeing Wichmann come off the bench. AAA (Ariens) looked very good, JJ was awesome, Kelm is back in form, and Bobo had some moments. This team as a whole is definitely improved from last year.

Wasn't Wichman off the bench before Evan last night?

Yes, but if we're arguing whether he'll be the 9th or 10th guy in the rotation.... But I'm okay not redshirting him if that's the decision. The kid has a tremendous talent shooting the ball that may come in handy in certain games. On the other hand his feet need to catch up with his eyes defensively. That will take some time.

I was happy to see in the paper this morning that Trinson White is redshirting. When I watched him in practices he had a tough time competing. Just not strong enough. A year getting stronger will really help. He has good quickness and good length and the potential to be a slasher if he gets stronger.

I think redshirting the Prahls makes sense although every time I watch them I'm impressed by their potential. I think as third/fourth/fifth year players they are going to be tough.

Great to see Bobo healthy again. He is a strong player at that position and a better offensive player than he might at first appear. JeVon had a rougher game, especially defensively and handling the ball at times, but that assist through two players to Matt Tiby for a flush on the break was spectacular.

If Trinson can bulk up over the year - something that is a virtual lock with Ron Thompson, the new strength coach - he's going to do a lot more damage in a year. Against high school and Juco competition, you could see he was a far better player when he wasn't overpowered. Like night and day.

Thompson added 35 pounds of muscle to Kelm this summer and turned Q into an honest-to-god post player.

I have heard the staff is really happy with Ron. The results seem obvious in the players returning from last year. I'm really looking forward to watching the Prahl twins develop. With the frames they already have I could easily see two 6'8, 235 lb. true low post players down the line. Not a lot of teams in our league with multiple guys like that.

JeVon Lyle and Cody Wichmann will benefit greatly from a good strength program too.

We have already seen the work of Ron in Kyle (30+ pounds over this summer), Q (tons of muscle), and especially AAA (Slimmer, toned with advanced upper body strength, as well as quickness).

The Prahl twins are already beasts as far as strength is concerned. I can't wait to see them develop quickness to match it. Brett is going to be a stud sooner rather than later.

I'll take later for $50, Alex. I think the Prahls will be solid for us in a year or two. Studliness may take a little longer. That's okay; that's what you expect in a developmental program. What we need next year is for JJ and Matt to be studs while the Prahls are getting there.

Again, looking forward, the fact that we're set up to have (at least) the Prahls, Cody, JeVon and Brock Stull all with development and experience three years down the road puts a smile on my face.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12