Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10.31 Marian College (Exhibiton)

10.31 Marian College (Exhibiton)

Marian College-Fond du Lac

vs.

Milwaukee Panthers

Thursday, October 31st

7pm

US Cellular Arena

Halloween promotions for kids 8th grade and younger, as well as a costume contest for UWM students.

Our return to the Cell is finally at hand!

Look forward to being back at the Cell! Plus, it about 3 weeks away from the home opener.

And only 11 days away from the season opener at Loyola. It's an easy trip and the remodeled Gentile is a cool little arena. Well worth a Friday night!

I’m very anxious to get a look at our guys come Thursday. I’ve heard some encouraging remarks from those of you who were fortunate enough to attend the scrimmage.

I think this game likely ends up being a blowout (hopefully anyway!). I can’t seem to remember ever having such a significant size advantage against any of our previous exhibition opponents in the last decade. Their biggest player is Veleke listed at 6’6 210lbs. The rest of their roster runs 6’5 and under, and under 200lbs. It also looks as though 2/3’s of the roster is made up of freshmen and sophomores. But who knows? Perhaps they come out swinging and make it a game.

I understand this is just an exhibition game and our coaching staff likely views it as an opportunity to get everyone on the floor and experiment with different rotations. I am hoping, however, that that the coaching staff has already settled on a starting rotation and that they get a good amount of reps together.

I am most excited to see how we’ve improved defensively. While this game certainly won’t be representative of the opposition we will see this year, I would love to see more pressure put on the ball by our guards and more aggressive play from our forwards.

WAR PANTHERS!!!!

Lack of size in lower divisions is often made up for in D-I level quickness and scoring/shooting. Remember that quick little guy from Stritch?

Gameday! Back to the Cell! Beer!

Finally! The day has come!

Even when the Panthers were at the Cell, exhibition games were played at the KC.

It was great being back at the Cell! Thanks to all the Marion fans that came and spent their money.

Matt Tiby is the team leader. Cheers his teammates on. Very loud in calling things out on defense. He will be on the court all the time.

It looks like Cody Wichmann is the 2nd guy off the bench. looks solid on the floor.

Great to have the old Kyle Kelm back!

It was sad to see the Panthers early on give up to many easy baskets, that ended in the 2nd half.

I like how the Panthers are doing the new floor MC's. Something like what the Bucks do. The new HD TV in the Cell are very nice as well. It was a great night!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast