Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IWBs eyes are rolling back into his head.........

Chip Brewster may be contacted at chip.brewster@fox6now.com

Abe Lubetkin can be reached at alubetkin@WISN.com
    Last edited by Hamostradamus; 03-20-2012 at 06:05 PM.

I believe they may be added to the book I am writing, boy have I had to add some names lately....

IWBs first book.jpg
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    I believe they may be added to the book I am writing, boy have I had to add some names lately....

IWBs first book.jpg
    Nazi sensationalist A-holes (with a capital A) I tell you. This is the type of "reporting" people want these days? What an embarrassement to the good people of this town. For the first time in my 14 years here, I can honestly say that I am ashamed to be a resident.

IWBs first book.jpg
    Best. Book. Ever.

Jim any guess about the timing of all this?

(1) Just accidental timing?

(2) Ax to grind fearless anonymous source?

(3) Marquette players really are all criminals who will do grad work at Waupun Correctional Institute? Go WCI Fighting Inmates!

(4) Some journalists are lazy and will do a story or non story if it is spoon fed to them?

FYI, my bet is a combination of 2 and 4.

Want to know what I really think? Well, here goes......

This was in January, and citations were issued on March 12th. Let me see..... "citation".....have you ever gotten a speeding ticket, or "citation"? When did the officer give it to you, when you were pulled over or 2 months later?

I believe that this was over and done with, a non-issue. Then someone told the Journal that these guys were rounded up by the police for being in the bar. The Journal started hounding the police for the records through the open records law. The police had not issued citations, so there were no records to share. The Journal kept at them, and kept at them. So finally, on March 12th, two months after the incident, the police decide the Journal won't let it die, so they issue citations. It is all over the internet today that MU is having a big send off, so someone decides this better get out there before that or we will miss our chance. Boom.

So my question is this....where did the Journal get tipped off? By a police officer or a post on a message board? Think about that. Seems as if this is not the first time that has happened that way.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

And now Channel 15 in Madison Tweets that 6 Marquette players were ticketed? Really? Do they report on citations of athletes at Wisconsin? Did they even report that Marquette made it to the Sweet 16?
    I thought they would be too busy reporting on the scandal at Memorial.

Seriously, if Channel 15 thinks this is such an important report, I think they would get bogged down reporting on the underage drinking tickets at the Madison area High Schools. One spring (about 3 years ago) LaFollette lost an opportunity at a state championship in Boys & Girls Track, Boys Baseball, Girls Soccer and two potential medalists at the State Golf Tournament due to drinking violations from a LaFollette party. Nary a word on it in Madison. But this one has legs for the fools from Channel 15. I can't stand this station, a true Badger homer station and reporters. Robb Vogel is a joke.

Have to credit Jeff Potrykus. Today on the Heller show he called it a "non-story." Said it was a lot of nothing and that on any given weekend, you could go into a bar in Madison and find UW athletes -- some underage -- in a bar.

Amen. End of story.

But those with an axe to grind with Marquette will play it up like it's a big deal, which of course, it's not.

27 in Madison ran it as their s16 story, w the local angle of vander.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast