Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IWBs eyes are rolling back into his head.........

IWBs eyes are rolling back into his head.........

Just talked to the Irritated White Boy and is he ever irritated. He told me he will have a full report later but that the media absolutely ruined Marquette's Sweet Sixteen sendoff today. Apparently trying to dig deeper into the "Underage College Students Seen in Bar" story. IWB has arrived at Dominican and will intitially report via Twitter. He will then text me to confirm to the Board. He also said his Tweet will be prepared in advance and he will hit send as soon as Wilson announces and not a second befroe. If anyone posts anything before that time, they are cheating the game.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    Just talked to the Irritated White Boy and is he ever irritated. He told me he will have a full report later but that the media absolutely ruined Marquette's Sweet Sixteen sendoff today. Apparently trying to dig deeper into the "Underage College Students Seen in Bar" story. IWB has arrived at Dominican and will intitially report via Twitter. He will then text me to confirm to the Board. He also said his Tweet will be prepared in advance and he will hit send as soon as Wilson announces and not a second befroe. If anyone posts anything before that time, they are cheating the game.
    Effing pathetic. Makes me angry even before hearing the story. Talk about a witch hunt...

I too am getting very angry even without all the details. Saw this tweet:

Matt Trebby ‏ @trebby

Someone asked DJO about allegations he started a bar fight in January. Responded by saying he'll have to talk to Buzz about that. #mubb

What in the world does that have to do with anything, much less the "underage citation" issue that came out today? Witch hunt is exactly right.

For what it is worth, members of the Murray State team came into the bar we were imbibing in Louisville Thursday night - it was not a family environment there for sure as my liver can attest. Daniel was one of them although I was not sure who the other guys were or their ages - was no more than 3 that I saw and didn't look like they were drinking to me. MU team didn't go near any bars during their trip unless they went out Saturday night.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    I too am getting very angry even without all the details. Saw this tweet:

Matt Trebby ‏ @trebby

Someone asked DJO about allegations he started a bar fight in January. Responded by saying he'll have to talk to Buzz about that. #mubb

What in the world does that have to do with anything, much less the "underage citation" issue that came out today? Witch hunt is exactly right.
    Saw this as well, and would be very curious to hear who asked that question. It was a male voice, but didn't recognize it. Whoever it is should never be credentialed by MU again. Absolutely absurd.

People wonder why Buzz doesn't appear happy at times. He's probably going to wonder if SMU wouldn't be a bad option.

they definitely did not go out saturday night, their plane came back saturday night so they couldnt go out. I saw them sitting watching kentucky most of the night...

so tired of the milwaukee media and people making a big deal out of nothing...its pathetic.

I'll preface this by saying I think this type of media micro-coverage is absolutely ridiculous.....

However, it is the way of the world these days, unfortunately - from college athletics to politics to education, etc....

Eexponentially expanding media options all competing for the same number of finite eyeballs...sensationalism sells....

I understand why people in the limelight - like Buzz in this case - would get sick and tired of dealing with this kind of crap....

However, it's not like one can escape it by leaving Marquette and instead coaching at SMU, Illinois, Texas, or even UWM.....

It goes with the territory these days......Doesn't make it right - its not - but it is what it is........

OH MY FREAKING GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unreal. Absolutely unreal. Where do I start?

Marquette's basketball team is ready to head to Phoenix for the Sweet 16. Two hours before the bus leaves, the Journal runs a story about players getting tickets for being in a bar back in January. Really? Really? Now?

So - Marquette has a press conference with a fan sendoff for the team. Tons of media showed up, I thought, "Finally - this team is getting the coverage they deserve!" I did wonder however, why TV stations like 4, 6, 12 had two TV camera there, and then I realized why. These people were not sportscasters there for the basketball team, they were junior news reporters there for the big underage people in a bar scandal. Wow. Really?

So DJO comes out - first question about basketball, then from the back of the room, comes Chip Brewster(?) of Fox Six, as he yells, yes, YELLS, "Darius, can you respond to the allegations that you started a bar fight?" What? Really? Wow. I felt like asking him to respond the allegations that his sources are fan message boards. Really? Are there allegations all over town about DJO? No, there are not.

So finally Buzz comes out. He starts out by apologizing for being late, saying that right before he came out, he was made aware of the story in the Journal. He said the incident happened on January 29th, and they addressed it as a team on January 29th. He said they addressed it with the administration on the 30th. He said that was all he would say on the subject. So he fields a basketball question. Then comes Abe Lubetkin(?) from channel 12, who yells, yes YELLS, (why do these guys all have to yell their questions? Its a small room, and we all take turns). Anyway, the guy yells, "Will there be players held out this weekend because of the citations?" Buzz was pissed. I was pissed. Everyone in the room on the side of "Sports Media", looked pissed. Buzz finally says, "Did I misspeak? Was I unclear? What is your name? Where do you work? The incident happened on January 29th. We addressed it with the team on that day, and we addressed it with the administration on the 30th." The guy fires back, "You didn't address the issue of possible suspensions as a result of the citations." I thought Buzz was going to flip. Scott Kuykendall jumped in and said that was enough, we are here to talk about basketball. Then Buzz said, "There is so much in that article that just doesn't match up...the dates, the quotes... The request for records was made on January 29th, but the tickets weren't issued until March 12th - how does that work?"

I'll tell you who is lucky, the guy from either channel 4 or 58 who was seated next to the kid from 12 because he tried to butt in to ask the question but Abe out shouted him.

This really sucks bad for two reasons.....

1) There were a lot of sports media people there that wanted to ask questions about the team, the Sweet 16 and Florida. But the majority of the time was taken up by these jack-holes.

2) Marquette has a high profile, world class coach. Huge. Big Time. When you have police officers leaking information to the only newspaper in town, and they in turn try to sabotage Marquette's big moment, and these TV wanna-bes ruining the team's sendoff to Phoenix, why in the hell would Buzz Williams want to stay in Milwaukee?

I didn't video tape the press conference because I figured everyone would, so I planned on getting one-on-one videos with the players before they boarded the bus, but I was so pissed off I just left.

People wonder why pro baseball players and NBA players and McDonald's All American's don't want to play in Milwaukee, and on days like this, I can't blame them.
    Last edited by IWB; 03-20-2012 at 05:23 PM.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

And now Channel 15 in Madison Tweets that 6 Marquette players were ticketed? Really? Do they report on citations of athletes at Wisconsin? Did they even report that Marquette made it to the Sweet 16?
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast