Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT - MUHS lacks class

OT - MUHS lacks class

I want to start this out by saying that the MUHS football team is very good, and the QB has a very bright future because he is a hell of a player. What I witnessed tonight from them was about the least classiest thing I have seen in a football game since Terrel Owens did his thing on the star at midfield at Texas stadium.

To start things off they were late coming onto the field for the National Anthem by about two or three minutes. Then when they decided to take the field, rather than stand on their sideline like every other team in the world does, they stand on the goal line during the national anthem with their backs to the Menomonee Falls team. Then, the entire team ran out to the center of the field and jumped up and down on the Falls logo.

I would be embarrassed if I was a player, coach, administrator, parent, or anyone else associated with that program. They are too good to act like idiots.

Where was the flag located? It is proper to face the flag, whether it is hanging or being presented.

They were facing the flag. I just thought the rest of the antics were pretty idiotic! They don't need to be douchebags, they have a shot to be state champions with that QB! I must have missed the part about being classless a-holes in the schools mission statement where they talk about respect and dignity.
    Last edited by mufansince72; 10-18-2013 at 11:57 PM.

Shot to be state champions with that QB? All of their talent is underclassmen. I have seen many of their games this year, they are not that good, not that good at all.

Next - late coming on to the field for the national anthem - Why? Was there a scheduled time for the anthem? Were they told when to come out of the locker room? Did someone from the host school knock on the locker room door to give them a heads up? Many times the anthem won't start until both teams are out there. I have seen high school games on many occasions where the visiting team isn't out there. Teams do not all follow the same pre-game routine. I highly doubt that was intentional.

Jumping up and down on the Falls logo - ok, I'll give you that one, even though they have shared their field with many teams for ages so they have never had a "logo", so maybe it doesn't mean anything to them, but I'll still give you that one. But the other two sound like sour grapes big time.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

nah, I was bitching about that before the game started. I would bet you that Grief is the best QB in the state. Dude throws a great ball and is a running threat. There is this thing called a scoreboard with a clock on it. You leave the field after your pregame warmups. They didn't even go to the locker room, they were just standing outside on the practice field intentionally delaying the start.

A Marquette guy and a Falls guy....the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by GOMU1104 View Post
    A Marquette guy and a Falls guy....the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.
    Yeah, probably! I didn't think we would win as their strength (passing) if our weakness (pass defense). I just thought they were a little bush league tonight!

Muhs has done that for years. They line up in the end zone for the anthem and then run to the middle of the field after the anthem. If Falls has a logo at midfield then they and BC would be the only ones. It is a team fire up thing , and no intent to go on anyone's logo, just run toward midfield get in a big circle. No disrespect intended mufansince72, just a tradition the players do away from the coaches.

I will stand up for their coach, Jeff Mazurczak. All class. Nothing bush league about him. Either it was all unintentional or Maz did not know about it. Maz is about as fine a guy as you will find with great respect for athletic tradition.

Grief does have a great arm and throws really well on the run. Skill position guys are juniors and a soph.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast