Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The ESPN Sweet 16 show will save Marquette’s team and fans a lot of time

The ESPN Sweet 16 show will save Marquette’s team and fans a lot of time

The message – don’t bother to show up.

(1) Florida is too good and too well coached

(2) Marquette only has two players who can score

(3) Georgia Basketball Coach Mark Fox, “Jae Crowder wasn’t smart enough academically to get into an SEC school.” Implicate for DJO?

(4) Cadougan is inconsistent and can’t cover Florida’s guards

(5) Bob Valano, “Don’t confuse Marquette’s high activity level with getting anything done.” “They will go into ten minute droughts where they can’t score.”

(6) Valvano, "This is an average team masked by Crowder’s ability on the court." (if not in the classroom)

The Panels overall message -- Marquette can stay in Milwaukee no need showing up the Gators have this one in the bag.

Whew! That's a relief. I can get to those gutters Thursday night.

Bob Valvano didn't have Jae Crowder on his first-team all-Big East squad.

Enough said.

Yeah, I have always thought of the SEC schools as the Ivy League of the South. Some real intelligent "Student" Athletes have matriculated at those schools. Uber intelligent coaches as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Miller View Post
    Bob Valvano didn't have Jae Crowder on his first-team all-Big East squad.

Enough said.
    I don't mean to be insensitive, but does anyone know who Bob Valvano is if his brother didn't cheat and die early of cancer? Seriously, what has he accomplished on his own?

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaWarrior View Post
    The message – don’t bother to show up.

(1) Florida is too good and too well coached

(2) Marquette only has two players who can score

(3) Georgia Basketball Coach Mark Fox, “Jae Crowder wasn’t smart enough academically to get into an SEC school.” Implicate for DJO?
    (4) Cadougan is inconsistent and can’t cover Florida’s guards

(5) Bob Valano, “Don’t confuse Marquette’s high activity level with getting anything done.” “They will go into ten minute droughts where they can’t score.”

(6) Valvano, "This is an average team masked by Crowder’s ability on the court." (if not in the classroom)

The Panels overall message -- Marquette can stay in Milwaukee no need showing up the Gators have this one in the bag.
    I'm sorry, are you saying that the head coach of another high major institution called the BE POY "dumb?" Holy cow. Think he's pissed to see a player from Georgia dominate the Big East?
    Last edited by kneelb4zerg; 03-19-2012 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    I'm sorry, are you saying that the head coach of another high major institution called the BE POY "dumb?" Holy cow. Think he's pissed to see a player from Georgia dominate the Big East?
    Wow - he must really be taking some heat for not recruiting Jae to Georgia and thinks that is the way to explain it away. I can't believe a fellow coach would say that about a kid. That will come back to bite him (I hope).

He said that he didn't qualify out of high school and had to go to 2 Junior colleges to get eligible which is true. He never called him dumb or said he wasn't smart enough etc....He was put in a tough spot by the guy who asked the question...."Crowder is the BE POY and he is from Georgia....why didn't you land him?

Other then that they don't seem to be very impressed with us....lol......It's amazing that they could do a whole segment on Marquette and never mention DJO by name.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    He said that he didn't qualify out of high school and had to go to 2 Junior colleges to get eligible which is true. He never called him dumb or said he wasn't smart enough etc....He was put in a tough spot by the guy who asked the question...."Crowder is the BE POY and he is from Georgia....why didn't you land him?

Other then that they don't seem to be very impressed with us....lol......It's amazing that they could do a whole segment on Marquette and never mention DJO by name.
    OK, I didn't see it, that makes more sense.

Good. We can play the Wisconsin "we get no respect" card! Should get the team motivated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast