Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DiStanislao to Leave MU

MacKinnon is gone too? Clean sweep...

http://www.marquette.edu/leadership/...leadership.php

Out of this group, who was hired by Pilarz besides Larry Williams?

I don't know them all, but recognize many who have been at MU a long time.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

I went into the bios and there were two others besides Larry Williams who were hired during this regime.

This is probably the best thing that could have happened to the university. I've been in the working world where new people want to come in and change things, but they don't take the time to understand the culture, the people or what is working and they typically don't last long.

By the time next school years starts, I think Broeker and Buzz Williams will be the only constant. I think Larry Williams will be the AD at a school that has football.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorOMalley82 View Post
    She was pretty much universally disliked by the people in the administration that were left over from Father Wild's time. Sultan I thought you seemed to have contacts in the administration because of your consistent support, but I am sorry the people I have talked to are not just athletic people these are VP's and top donor alumni that I have talked to in person, and to a person I heard dissatisfaction when talking about DiStanislao. I am not trying to get into another Pilarz and Larry Williams bashing but there are VERY high levels of dissatisfaction. BTW I would be extremely surprised if Larry Williams does not accept another job before the start of next school year, and possibly before that. He will not be fired but I believe from what I have heard that he is looking.

Well, a couple of the people I knew there weren't all that high up. I knew nothing about her, but I appreciate the explanation.

I have no doubt that LW is polishing up his resume. I think he would be a fool not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    By the time next school years starts, I think Broeker and Buzz Williams will be the only constant. I think Larry Williams will be the AD at a school that has football.
    I hear Texas is looking for a new AD.

Quote Originally Posted by Litehouse View Post
    I hear Texas is looking for a new AD.
    Now he would be a perfect fit at Texas for MU basketball fans.

UW-Whitewater's AD just left recently. Aren't they still looking for an AD?? They have football...VERY good football. That is more the level becoming LW.

I would support any and all efforts to land Larry Williams the Texas AD position.
    Last edited by TulsaWarrior; 10-11-2013 at 12:34 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast