Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DiStanislao to Leave MU

DiStanislao to Leave MU

Marquette Tribune‏@mutribune18m
    BREAKING: Executive Vice President Mary DiStanislao announced yesterday to her staff that she will leave her position

Is there a purge going on at MU?
    Last edited by Tatum74; 10-10-2013 at 05:12 PM.

You could see that one coming....

Was told she was a childhood friend of Pilarz.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Total purge of Pilarz.

She basically had Mike Broeker's spot at Penn, promoted to Executive VP at MU as second in command and in charge of the strategic vision and fundraising. No offense to Mike, but that would be quite a jump and he would be much better prepared since he had been at MU. Calling Greg Kliebhan...?

Quote Originally Posted by BLT View Post
    She basically had Mike Broeker's spot at Penn, promoted to Executive VP at MU as second in command and in charge of the strategic vision and fundraising. No offense to Mike, but that would be quite a jump and he would be much better prepared since he had been at MU. Calling Greg Kliebhan...?

She had a little more of a diverse background then just that. She had worked in other areas of the University as well.

But I am sure that what SP wanted was a trusted aide and crafted a job around what they thought were her talents. Did she have a negative reputation on campus? I never heard anything about her.

I would guess that she wanted nothing to do with the University after SP left. He's the reason she came here.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    She had a little more of a diverse background then just that. She had worked in other areas of the University as well.

But I am sure that what SP wanted was a trusted aide and crafted a job around what they thought were her talents. Did she have a negative reputation on campus? I never heard anything about her.

I would guess that she wanted nothing to do with the University after SP left. He's the reason she came here.
    Can read her bio here. It reads: Big jump

http://www.thedp.com/article/2012/02...slao_moving_on

Quote Originally Posted by BLT View Post
    Can read her bio here. It reads: Big jump

http://www.thedp.com/article/2012/02...slao_moving_on

Not arguing it wasn't, but her background was more diverse and deeper than Broeker's.

Is Larry next?? Broeker for AD. he's the obvious choice, and would make a happy Buzz.

She was pretty much universally disliked by the people in the administration that were left over from Father Wild's time. Sultan I thought you seemed to have contacts in the administration because of your consistent support, but I am sorry the people I have talked to are not just athletic people these are VP's and top donor alumni that I have talked to in person, and to a person I heard dissatisfaction when talking about DiStanislao. I am not trying to get into another Pilarz and Larry Williams bashing but there are VERY high levels of dissatisfaction. BTW I would be extremely surprised if Larry Williams does not accept another job before the start of next school year, and possibly before that. He will not be fired but I believe from what I have heard that he is looking.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast