Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The ESPN Sweet 16 show will save Marquette’s team and fans a lot of time

I won't go into detail, but will say that he lost his father.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Unfortunately, since I left dodds board and until Jim started this, I had been relegated to Scoop. There really are some doozies over there. They love to attack the players on the team. Many of them do not understand basketball is more than offense. Their attacks on Vander, Junior, Otule, Mayo and even DJO & Jae. A few will even attack after a good game, pointing out the one or two flaws. Some real classless jerks, IMHO.

That thread on Junior was horrible and an embarassement.

Never go to scoop, can't stand that type of stuff.

Junior is the goods, top shelf. Buzz said there are two things in life that bring him peace / calmness, his wife and when Junior has the ball in his hands.
    Sure he has some turnovers, he is the point guard. But when you look at what he does in totality, he is great for MU and this team.

Junior not only passes the ball well, he gets the ball to his teammates in positions where it helps them finish their move. This is especially important with big guys. I know Otule is out, but Junior has a knack for getting Otule the ball in great postions. We have that to look forward to next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    He said that he didn't qualify out of high school and had to go to 2 Junior colleges to get eligible which is true. He never called him dumb or said he wasn't smart enough etc....He was put in a tough spot by the guy who asked the question...."Crowder is the BE POY and he is from Georgia....why didn't you land him?

Other then that they don't seem to be very impressed with us....lol......It's amazing that they could do a whole segment on Marquette and never mention DJO by name.
    When the seedings were first announced that same panel ALL said that there was no way that MU could beat Mizzou if they met - we'll never know now, but they certainly didn't pick Mizzou to lose in the first game either. Doesn't seem to ber much nuance on that panel. I do get tired of the "they're too well coached" stuff - Buzz has done a lot more with a lot less than most of these iconic coaches.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123