Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MU Players in NBA 2013-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    If the Lakers cut him for the contract, I'm sure it was for this year and not total value. It was probably $400,000k and living arrangements & car.

Some of these guys are making big bucks. Travis turned down NBA offers and he was a 5 year vet, so he would get more than rookie minimum. Also, a few of the guys told me that out of all of them, Ooze is making a crap load of money, said he is doing better than all of them, and on top of that he doesn't spend a dime.
    Doesn't spend a dime? Good for him - smart dude. Bernard King and Barry Sanders allegedly were/are spendthrifts.

Yes, apparently the only thing he has bought was an apartment building in Dakar Senegal for his family to own and run.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

With the right club in the right situation, there's a lot of money out there.

OTOH, there are a lot of horror stories out there about what can happen to American players.

NBA rosters to start the season are set on October 28, one week from today. Philly has two more preseason games, one tonight and one on Wed.
    Not saying play in these games is the determining factor, but hopefully Vander does well and earns his spot.

While most are safe with their teams - Blue and Lockett are still on NBA rosters with a week to go. Lockett was a DNP yesterday.

Butler - Bulls
    Crowder - Mavs
    Novak / Buycks - Raptors
    Wes - Blazers
    Wade - Heat
    Blue - 76ers
    Lockett - Kings

Vander was a DNP last night, as was Novak.
    Buycks played 19 min with 4 points and 3 assists.

I read somewhere that Vander and Wyatt were alternating games so that both had an equal shot at making the team. Wyatt's performance probably is just as important as Vander's in terms of who survives the final cut.

Oops. Just checked. Wyatt didn't play either. Rodney Williams was back up 2G. He played 19 minutes, had 0 points, 1 rebound, 1 assist. That performance probably doesn't hurt Vander's chances.
    Last edited by Phantom Warrior; 10-22-2013 at 09:48 AM.

I wouldn't read anything positive or negative into a DNP at this point. Perhaps they know what they have in Vander and want to give minutes elsewhere.

Andrew Gruman ‏@AndrewGruman 27s
    Former Marquette and #ASU guard Trent Lockett has been waived by the Kings. We'll see if he ends up overseas or in the D-League. #mubb

Lockett must have been close to the last guy getting waived. Too bad, but I'm sure he will find his way to a paycheck overseas.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234