Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MU Players in NBA 2013-2014

MU Players in NBA 2013-2014

MU may have more than I can remember playing in the league this year.

Of the top of my head, here is where I think MU guys are right now. That is a list of ten guys with a shot.

Wade - Heat
    Novak - Toronto
    Buycks - Toronto
    Matthews - Portland
    Butler - Bulls
    Crowder - Mavs
    DJO - Lakers
    Lockett - Kings
    Blue - Philly
    Hayward - Pelicans

Cadougan -- Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Miller View Post
    Cadougan -- Bucks
    What about the visa issue...?

Sports Illustrated's Top 100 NBA players include 2 ex-MU players - Jimmy B @ 90 and DWade @ 8. Was expecting to see Wesley on the list - great D and finished in the top 30 for 3 pt. %.

http://nba.si.com/2013/09/20/top-100...14-nos-10-1/2/

Out of the 11, I expect 7 and possibly 8, to play in the NBA this year.

Yes, Bucks had to release Junior because of some visa issue.

Remember, McNeal was in Utah's camp but requested to be waived because he got a huge offer overseas.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

FWIW I do not believe the "visa issue" explanation for Junior leaving the Bucks. Good God, he is from Canada. Plenty of Americans (Buycks and Novak) play in Canada. Plenty of Canadians play here. If there were problems, I would think the Senator might have a connection or two at the State Department. This is visa excuse is all BS, unless it referenced a problem going from Canada to a European or other foreign destination.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    FWIW I do not believe the "visa issue" explanation for Junior leaving the Bucks. Good God, he is from Canada. Plenty of Americans (Buycks and Novak) play in Canada. Plenty of Canadians play here. If there were problems, I would think the Senator might have a connection or two at the State Department. This is visa excuse is all BS, unless it referenced a problem going from Canada to a European or other foreign destination.

But why would they lie? Why not just release him without explanation? Nobody would have given it much thought.

I can see it being an issue. Perhaps the Bucks didn't realize he was Canadian and when he showed up on the first day, saw he didn't have the correct visa and had no choice but to release him. Or maybe Junior's agent screwed something up. But I can't see why they would lie.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    But why would they lie? Why not just release him without explanation? Nobody would have given it much thought.

I can see it being an issue. Perhaps the Bucks didn't realize he was Canadian and when he showed up on the first day, saw he didn't have the correct visa and had no choice but to release him. Or maybe Junior's agent screwed something up. But I can't see why they would lie.
    I agree. Let's face it, the Bucks invited Junior to camp as a goodwill gesture. The Bucks have nothing to gain with a lie.

Depending on his Canadian student visa, he perhaps couldn't sign the contract as he isn't authorized to work in the US until he returns to Canada and re-enters under a work visa. If he had a J-1, he can't work. If he had an F-1, he can only do certain kinds of off-campus work. Either way, if he never went back to Canada after graduation, then he was still in the US under some kind of student visa. To me it makes sense that they wouldn't catch it until he is offered a contract and they run his SSN. Note: My experience in immigration law is limited to watching Balki Bartokomous in Perfect Strangers.
    Last edited by Hamostradamus; 10-08-2013 at 03:19 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast